January 19, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech.Co’s posts from the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech.Co editorial team in the Tech.Co Top Stories of the week.
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Our top two features in this week’s Tech.Co Top Stories focus on the rise and fall of Ship Your Enemies Glitter, with some lessons on what to consider before posting to sites like Product Hunt or Reddit (in this case: unexpectedly high demands); we also look at the issue further in a piece focused on the immediate copies of this glitter idea. We’ve also got some great articles on investors, including a ranking of the top Series A round investors and a new tool that allows you to search for startup investors per location and industry. This week, contributor Diogo Costa introduces us to two Dropcam alternatives consumers should consider for home monitoring.
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech.Co Top Stories:
- Ship Your Enemies Glitter for Just $8. Seriously.: A service dedicated to sending glitter through the mail, Ship Your Enemies Glitter made major headlines this week.
- Mathew Carpenter Caves, Shuts Down Glitter Operations: Glitter got so popular, in fact, that the guy who created the service ended up calling it quits. 🙁
- Empowered Women Pose Nude for Caitlin Stasey’s New Site: Stasey founded Herself.com to fight society’s misperceptions about body image.
- 38 Colleges with Most Alumni as Fortune 500 CEOs: A ranking of top colleges that have produced the most alumni in Fortune 500 CEO positions.
- Tesla Stock Price Price Plummets: The stock price fell nearly 7 percentage points this past Wednesday.
- Not a Fan of Nest? Meet Two Dropcam Alternatives: Learn more about Oco and simplicam – two home monitoring alternatives to Dropcam.
- 35 Top Series A Startup Investors of 2014: Khosla Ventures placed first in Mattermark’s rankings – check out the rest.
- Entrepreneurs Share Positive Daily Habits: We reached out to various startup founders to share with us some of their daily habits that have positive effects on their lives; here’s what they had to say.
- This Tool Generates a List of Startup Investors in Your Industry and City: A new tool created by Foundersuite allows you to narrow down your search for the right investors.
- The Average Tech Entrepreneur is 31 and Didn’t Study STEM: A recent study set out to determine whether the stereotypes surrounding startup founders were true. The conclusion? Maybe not.
- Will ‘50 Shades of Grey’ Help Make 2015 the Year of Sex Tech?: We look at the struggles of sex tech companies and how the upcoming release of the 50 Shades of Grey movie can contribute to shining a spotlight on the industry.
- 18 Startup Mistakes That Lead to Failure [INFOGRAPHIC]: An infographic based on Y Combinator’s Paul Graham’s 2006 essay on the same topic.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech.Co event? Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!