April 26, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) offrom the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the editorial team in the Top Stories of the week.
Do you readPlease let us know!every day? Once every couple of weeks? What kind of content would you like to see? Are we being helpful enough in providing resources for startups and entrepreneurs.
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’sTop Stories:
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Gmail Account from Being Hacked: Just in case you don’t want to be those unlucky few who get their Gmail accounts hacked, check out these tips.
- People are Looking for New Ways to Message Each Other: Chargies, a newly launched app for both iOS and Android, are hoping to tap into this new market of people looking for new ways to communicate.
- Here’s Why Tech Startups are Flocking to Austin: Austin isn’t just the hip place for SXSW; it’s also a city where more startups are finding themselves in. Read why.
- Jimmy Fallon Launches Tedzy Bear Game: Jimmy Fallon created his own game app – learn more about what it does.
- BYOD is Shaping Education in the 21st Century: Here’s how Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies are shaping the way we interact with technology in the classroom.
- Most Popular Languages in GitHub [INFOGRAPHIC]: GitHub is used by a majority of developers, so it’s no surprise that the most popular languages on the platform were recently observed.
- The Top 6 Perks Employees Want [INFOGRAPHIC]: The number one perk? Flexible schedules and the option to work remotely.
- DCFemTech Recognized Top 30 Women Programmers: The DC tech scene just recognized some of the regions best programmers and engineers. Another great boost for a tech ecosystem that already excels when it comes to women in tech.
- Top 10 SaaS Startups in Chicago Tech: Here are top SaaS startups in the Chicagoland tech scene according to G2 Crowd.
- This VC Firm is Experimenting with a New Open Application Process: First Round Capital announced last week that it’s trying out a new way for startups to get the attention of their VC partners. This could lead to a change in the overall VC field.
- The Top 15 Events Entrepreneurs Shouldn’t Miss This Summer: Despite how cold it still is in some parts of the U.S., summer is right around the corner – have you checked out these upcoming events?
- Before Quitting Your Job, Read These 35 Startup Tips: From someone who had to learn these lessons himself.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!event?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!