February 8, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) ofposts from the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the editorial team in the Top Stories of the week.
This week, we asked our readers to help us improve Tech.Co. Do you read Tech.Co every day? Once every couple of weeks? What kind of content would you like to see? Are we being helpful enough in providing resources for startups and entrepreneurs. Please let us know!
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’sTop Stories:
- The Basics of a Great Cover Letter: When applying for a new job, your resume isn’t the only important thing; make sure your cover letter is on point.
- 4 Tips for a Better Wi-Fi Connection: You’ll never have to live in a Wi-Fi desert ever again with these tips for getting better Wi-Fi connection.
- 6 New Sports Apps to Grab in 2015: Access the latest news, schedules, and stats through these 6 sports apps.
- 10 Best Website Builder Platforms for Beginners: Use any one of these many simple, website builder platforms to easily design and launch your brand’s website.
- Take a Selfie and Pay for Your Meal at McDonald’s: From now until Valentine’s Day, you can pay for those Chicken McNuggets with a selfie – find out how!
- 5 Must-Have Tools for Ecommerce Success in 2015: One of them? MailKimp.
- Airbnb Opens Doors to a Wealth of New Startups: Learn about the ways through which Airbnb is enabling people to find new innovations in the space.
- This Tool Calculates the Cost to Build Your App: A fun, little tool to help you figure out how much it will take to make your created, depending on several factors, including OS/platform, monetization plan, design, etc.
- Watch the Evolution of the Laptop in This GIF: More like a short video, but whatever it’s cool.
- Accelerator or Dev Shop? Why Entrepreneurs Are Getting It Wrong [INFOGRAPHIC]: Check out our infographic that compares the differences between accelerators and incubators.
- The Best Coffee Shops in Your City (and Their Wi-Fi Passwords): One startup has offered us lists of the best coffeeshops in various major cities, and includes even up-to-date information on their respective Wi-Fi passwords.
- Never Miss a Call Ever Again with Callr: Callr is a great new startup from DC, which allows you to automatically connect to your next personal or conference call. .
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!event?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!