January 25, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech.Co’s posts from the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech.Co editorial team in the Tech.Co Top Stories of the week.
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Our top story this week looks at the top cities for startups outside of Silicon Valley – make sure to check out the comments on that piece, as people from unlisted startup ecosystems make their case for inclusion. The 2015 State of the Union also happened this past week, and we managed to grab a few quotes during President Obama’s speech. This week, we got some great pieces from contributors; Keval Padia gives us a sneak peek on what kinds of gadgets we should expect to come out this year, and Kiki Schirr looks into the rapidly growing success of Slack.
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech.Co Top Stories:
- 7 Top Cities for Startups – Outside of Silicon Valley: We take a look at some of the top cities for startup activity, according to a recently published book, Screw the Valley: A Coast-to-Coast Tour of America’s New Tech Startup Culture, by business journalist Timothy Sprinkle.
- The 2015 State of the Union Recapped in 24 Obama Quotes: A few quotes from this year’s State of the Union. You can read the whole transcript over at Medium, or you can read it in emoji if you prefer.
- This 1 Questions Can Reveal Your Ideal Career: Y Combinator’s Paul Graham shares a little secret.
- 9 Tips for Waking Up Early [INFOGRAPHIC]: Waking up earlier can mean more productive days. Here’s what you can do to get up earlier.
- 7 Gadgets We’ll See in 2015: From the Apple Watch, to Dash wireless earphones, here are some gadgets to look out for in 2015.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Reddit [INFOGRAPHIC]: Reddit is a unique community, and it’s grown to become a resource from things like top headlines in the news to personal stories on startup pains (and anything and everything else, really). If you’re not a Reddit user, yet, then check this out.
- Y Combinator’s 22 Most Fund-Worthy Startup Ideas [INFOGRAPHIC]: This infographic is based on Y Combinator’s “Requests for Startups”, a list of startup ideas that deserve funding from them.
- ShipYourEnemiesGlitter.com Sold for $85,000: The sale of Ship Your Enemies Glitter was made official this past week, as owner Mat Carpenter put up his website for auction.
- Terra Tech: This is How to Master Your Branding Efforts: A fascinating interview we conducted with Terra Tech CEO Derek Peterson, who’s company is hoping to adapt their commercial greenhouses to the cannabis industry.
- Startup CEO: The Loneliest Job in the World?: Being the ultimate decision-maker in a growing company is a tough job – often a lonely job. You have to be prepared to face this loneliness before jumping into startups.
- It’s Simple: Complete Helps You Get Things Done: ‘Complete’ is a new, crowd-based, to-do app that aims to help you get things accomplished through group motivation.
- Slack Attack: the Workplace Messaging App is Going Social: We ourselves use Slack at Tech.co, and it seems that the workplace messaging app is being used everywhere (and not just for work).
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech.Co event? Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!