November 12, 2013
As we announced, Tech Cocktail is writing a book about starting up! We are going to be working hard the next few months to write the book, but we need your help. The book is due out spring 2014 and will be published by Wiley as a how-to guide for starting up, along with inspiring stories from entrepreneurs around the world. We’ll be reaching out weekly with a chance to share your story and be included in the book. So if you have a story, we’d love to hear it! Below are the fifth set of questions for you, due Sunday night, November 24. If you have any questions, email Kira Newman from the Tech Cocktail team ([email protected]).
- What are your top tips or lessons for raising funding?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about your mistakes or struggles raising funding, or a story about raising too much or too little funding.
- Tell us a story about how you incorporated fun or celebration into fundraising.
- What are your top tips for managing and keeping in touch with your investors?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about a time you upset your investors or had a conflict with them.
- Tell us a story about how you and your investors incorporate fun or celebration into your relationship.
- What are the differences between aiming for an acquisition and aiming for an IPO?
- What are your top tips for exiting (getting acquired or IPO)?
- Harsh reality: Tell us a story about your struggles with an acquisition or IPO (for example, how hard it was, or how little money you made).
- Tell us a story about incorporating fun or celebration into your exit.
View previous questions here
Original photo by Flickr user shutterhack
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!