September 1, 2011
We are really excited to showcase 20 innovative startups here in Cambridge tonight. Previews of all participating companies are below; they range from a video interviewing service to an app that lets you pay tips and gratuities from your smartphone.
Many thanks to all of our sponsors for making this possible: Title Sponsor Sprint; platinum ponsor Akamai; community sponsors: AOL, Hubspot, and BetaBoston,; community partner Microsoft NERD Center; and photography Sponsor Sooz.
- Brass Monkey – A cloud-based video game console that uses a browser for the game display and your smartphones for the game controller.
- Fanfic.me – UGC software + site designed for the most loyal and active fans of TV shows, movies, books, cartoons, and more.
- GaggleAMP – Provides enterprise social media amplification leveraging employees, customers and partners via a privacy-assured cloud solution.
- Guestlyst – Your mobile event portal that makes it easy to manage multiple events.
- Help Around Town – Earn money, experience, and feedback while getting things done.
- iCreate to Educate – This freemium desktop app called SAM Animation to help students learn math and science.
- ImpulseSave – Provides instant-gratification to motivate you to save money.
- Mosec – Android app that lets you make a voice note at the end of calls, turns it into text, and files it with their Google Contacts.
- NaughtyBits – Algae tabs (part of a larger health-platform) that are 60% protein and just one calorie.
- PowerInbox – Brings apps to your emails, just like the iPhone brought apps to your phone.
- Privy – Merchant centric customer acquisition and retention.
- Promoboxx – Connecting brands and retailers to help each launch massively successful social promotions that engage shoppers online.
- SittingAround – Join or start a community-based babysitting cooperative.
- SMAK – Intelligently aggregates all email accounts, social media sites and your devices and sort the information to give you what you want – with just one click.
- Smarterer – Test your resume, get your score, improve your resume and share with the world.
- Take the Interview – Video interviewing SaaS platform that saves employers and candidates time and money by making the interviewing process more efficient.
- Vocalyze – Reads the news, blogs and tweets to you when you are too busy to read yourself.
- Yesware – Email productivity service that helps salespeople close more business.
- Ziptip – An app that lets you pay tips and gratuities using your smart phone.
- Zoora – Customized fashion and guidance to curate your individuality.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!