February 2, 2011
While much of the country digs out of this week’s thunder-snow blizzard, the sun shines warmly down on the DC area, just in time to head out to Tech Cocktail’s 2011 DC Winter Mixer. We have a number of great startups that will be demoing tonight – here’s the rundown.
- Poshbrood – A website that takes the “Are we there yet?” out of family travel and helps frazzled moms find relaxing family escapes they deserve.
- WatchParty – WatchParty allows you to interact with others while you watch favorite shows! Be part of the audience without leaving your couch.
- Awesomize.me – Your personal and corporate reputation/brand management tool, leveraging the power of the community.
- Shapea – Figure out which entrepreneurial idea to pursue next- build something people want by testing your ideas first in a low cost manner.
- Venga – A proprietary system for connecting restaurants with consumers’ mobile phones.
- CampusSplash – Find out your chances to get into your dream colleges.
- Surc by MashedPixel – It’s time to toss out your pile of remote controls with Surc, the universal learning remote control case and app for iPhone.
- ThestrEATS – Find all DC-area food trucks on one easy-to-use map.
- PhantomALERT – Use your GPS or smartphone to avoid traffic tickets & get live traffic camera feeds.
- Podcast Recycler – A turn-key, white-label podcast for your brand – one that’s populated with the most popular content on iTunes.
Tonight promises to bring a great crowd as we celebrate all the awesome things happening in the DC tech community. Don’t miss out – we’re looking forward to seeing you there!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!