December 7, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team.
This week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories include two great infographics on the kinda weird habits of tech geniuses, as well as what you should and shouldn’t be doing to have a productive morning. We’ve also got some great pieces from two of our contributors: Gavin McCulley gives us a piece this week on what you shouldn’t say when pitching; Pankaj Sharma writes how and why to utilize Cloud computing as a service. Lastly, if you haven’t voted yet, take some time to vote for the all-star companies and individuals in your community – we’re looking at you, DC & Miami. And make sure to attend the Tech Cocktail & Refresh Miami Holiday Party this week!
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- From Zuckerberg to Gates: 11 Eccentric Habits of Tech Geniuses [INFOGRAPHIC]: Learn what the likes of Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg do that may be considered pretty weird (this may make feel more normal about your own eccentric behavior/traits).
- The Dos and Don’ts of a Productive Morning [INFOGRAPHIC]: Setting yourself up for maximum productivity isn’t impossible. Learn the dos and don’ts of how to maximize your productivity in the morning.
- How to Completely Destroy Your Pitch with 5 Simple Phrases: Read it. Remember it. Practice it. (Seriously, read this if you’re trying to get funding for your company).
- 4 Reasons You Can’t Find a Tech Cofounder: In a recent post on Medium, startup advisor Rik Lomas provides a how-to guide on starting up for new founders.
- Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul Messaging App ‘Yo Bitch’: Kind of like the Yo app, except way, way better.
- Benefits of Cloud Computing as a Service: If you don’t know what “SaaS” is, then go ahead and read this.
- The Unsung Heroes of Cyber Monday: A Look at the Platforms Powering Top E-Commerce Sites: Without these platforms, you definitely would not have been able to purchase anything on Cyber Monday.
- DC Tech: Vote in the Tech Cocktail DC 2014 All-Star Awards!: Vote for who you think deserves the most recognition in the DC tech startup community!
- This Startup Making Dog Treats from Insects is Gaining Popularity on Reddit: EntoBento is making dog treats from mealworm flour – a more sustainable source of protein. Check out why it’s quickly gaining popularity.
- The First Text Message Was Sent 22 Years Ago Today: The very first text message was sent in 1992. We’ve come a long way since then.
- #MiamiTech: Time to Vote for Tech Cocktail 2014 All-Stars Awards: This week is Tech Cocktail & Refresh Miami’s Holiday Party – have you voted yet for the all-stars in Miami tech?
- New Study Suggests Emotionally Intelligent People Earn More Money: A recent study suggests that those with a higher level of emotional intelligence could earn more money.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We recently published a comprehensive startup accelerator report, fill out this form to get a copy!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!