November 2, 2014
Hope you all had an amazing Halloween weekend! Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- A Guide to 13 Last-Minute Tech Halloween Costumes You Can Make at Home: Sure, Halloween may be over, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get some inspiration for your next costume party. Check out these costumes and read our recommendations on how to make them!
- 5 Reasons Israeli Startups are so Successful: One of our contributors writes the five reasons why she believes Israel’s startup ecosystem has grown so rapidly and become so successful.
- How Entrepreneurship Screws Up Your Life: In a post titled “How quitting my corporate job for my startup dream f*cked my life up” on Medium last month, entrepreneur Ali Mese’s writes about the experience of what it’s like to be a startup founder.
- The Top 30 Startup Accelerators Ranked: The book Accelerate: Founder Insights into Accelerator Programs features more than 200 accelerator programs; here’s a ranking of the top 30.
- How Mobile Technology Has Revolutionized Big Business: With the rise of smartphone technology, small companies are taking advantage of capabilities once only available to larger corporations.
- You Have 8 Hours Left to Get a NoPhone – The Fake Phone of Your Dreams: Here’s a phone that’s, um, not actually a phone; yet, you’re going to be sad you missed out.
- A Ruby on Rails Bootcamp in Paradise: There’s a Ruby bootcamp in Bali, and these pictures will make you wish you could be there right now.
- Check Out This Map of Silicon Valley Companies in 1991: A map of the companies in Silicon Valley shortly before the dot-com bubble.
- 3 (Totally Free) Technologies to Help Get Your Startup Funded: Three free online tools/platforms that companies can use to raise money.
- Learn How You Can Skip Making Mistakes in C# Programming: If you’re relatively new to C#, then here are some essentials you need to know to avoid the most common mistakes.
- VegasTechFund Changes Focus: Partner Andy White Exits: Read into the reasons behind Andy White’s exit from the VegasTechFund.
- This Guy Got an Offer for a Programming Job at Google, You’ll Never Guess How He Learned to Program: Programming can be for everyone – figure out how.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!