October 12, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
This week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories features round-ups from our Tech Cocktail Celebrate Conference that took place earlier in the week in Downtown Las Vegas. If you didn’t get a chance to go, check out our full coverage of Tech Cocktail Celebrate, and learn what the likes of David Copperfield and Tony Hsieh had to say, as well as learn more about some of the startups that showcased. If you did attend Celebrate, check out our pictures from the event and tag you and your friends!
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 5 Enterprise Startups to Watch in 2015: Enterprise startups don’t have the same allure as consumer-facing startups, but there are a handful of enterprise startups that are really doing some amazing things. Here are five that you should keep your radar on.
- Meet the 8 Startups Getting Grants from the Digital DC Tech Fund: At a special DC Tech Meetup session earlier this week, Washington, D.C. mayor Vincent Gray announced the eight startups that have been awarded grants from the Digital DC Tech Fund.
- Company Logo Design – Blunders and Slip-Ups That Impact: Learn more about the basics of logo design, but more importantly learn more how to avoid blunders that could lead to major company failures later on.
- HIS Energy Wins Nation’s Hottest Showcasing Startup: 51 startups came out to Vegas to compete for the coveted title of Tech Cocktail’s Nation’s Hottest Showcasing Startup, and the Baltimore, Maryland-based HIS Energy took home the grand prize.
- Tony Hsieh: I’m Not Leaving the Downtown Project: There has been a lot of recent media coverage about the Downtown Project, especially regarding Tony Hsieh’s role and its future. Hsieh joined us at Tech Cocktail Celebrate to throw aside the rumors and talked more about the city as a startup.
- Don’t Raise Funding to Pay Yourself: On a special panel at Tech Cocktail Celebrate discussing the wild world of funding, panelists including Gabriella Draney of Tech Wildcatters and OneVest‘s Michael Hughes discussed the various ways startups can get funding outside of traditional VCs.
- Here Are the 4 Finalists Competing to Be the Nation’s Hottest Showcasing Startup: Check out the four startups that made it to our final round and got the opportunity to pitch their ideas at Tech Cocktail Celebrate!
- David Copperfield: What Entrepreneurs Can Learn from Magic: Master illusionist David Copperfiled joined us at Tech Cocktail Celebrate to talk about how startups can utilize the principles of magic and illusion to help captivate their audience.
- If You’re Not Doing Mobile-First, You’re Doing It Wrong: Circa’s Matt Galligan joined us on-stage at Tech Cocktail Celebrate to talk with Highway’s Brady Forrest about the importance of a mobile-first approach in this new age of technology.
- Where Will Cloud Computing Be in 2020?: Need some clarifications on what exactly is Cloud computing and how it can benefit your company? Read this fantastic guest post.
- How to Close Your Fundraising Round: Waveborn Sunglasses spent three months raising $500K, and here are some strategies they suggest for closing that fundraising round.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!