December 14, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team.
This week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories include some great stories on startup realities, from Brideside’s encounter with an angel network that wasn’t interested in funding a female concept, to HireAHelper’s run-in with UHaul. We’ve also got some fantastic pieces from our contributors Joshua Kleyman, Candace Meyer, and Gonzalo Manrique. On Friday, we held our Tech Cocktail & Refresh Miami Holiday party, where we handed out All-Star 2014 Awards to startups and individuals in the Miami startup community. For those in DC, our Tech Cocktail DC Holiday Party is this Tuesday – make sure to place your final votes for this year’s DC All-Stars.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Passion: The Biggest Startup Myth: Having passion alone will not get your startup to where it needs to be to survive.
- What Your Job Says About Your Sex Life: As a journalist, I apparently tend to have a casual sex life. Check out what your job says about you.
- Investors Told Her: We Don’t Fund Female Concepts: Read about Brideside co-CEO Nicole Staple’s experience.
- 7 Recommended Learning Sites for Would-Be Entrepreneurs: From knowing the foundations of setting up a business to learning new skills that can help you with your new company, here are some of the best sites to check out.
- What Happens When Your Startup Gets Sued by UHaul: A fantastic and harrowing account of HireAHelper’s run-in with the moving giant.
- 6 Practical Reasons Marketers Should Learn to Code: Because even understanding basic things like HTML and CSS can help improve your marketing strategy.
- This Interactive Graph Compares the World’s Top Startup Ecosystems: Check out where the best opportunities are for startup funding, the best places for developers, and the best places for investors.
- DC’s Framebridge Announces $3.75M Seed Round from Steve Case’s Revolution, NEA: The DC-based startup announced some major seed funding.
- Your Employees Are Secretly Unhappy: Surprise! Read into the reasons for this.
- 15 Films and TV Shows Entrepreneurs Should Watch This Holiday: The holidays aren’t just a time for getting together with family, it’s also a time for catching up on some movies and TV shows.
- PrayerSpark Addresses the Largest Underserved Market in the World: “The Rise of the Nones”: A different kind of market that we haven’t thought about.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We recently published a comprehensive startup accelerator report, fill out this form to get a copy!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!