November 23, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team.
This week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories include Zappos pop-up store that they’ve set up for the holiday season – a brand new approach to the world of retail. We also look at the highest-paying programming languages, how to market your new app, and the world’s first smart earplugs. Most importantly, we’ve published our 40-page startup accelerator report – fill out this request form to get it! Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Hush Blows Their $100K Kickstarter Goal Out of the Water: Find out why people are going wild for these smart earplugs.
- Here are the Highest-Paying Programming Languages: Considering going into programming? Check out which languages pay the most.
- OrderWithMe Announces $28M in Additional Funding: The retail innovation and inventory solutions company announced some major funding this week.
- Zappos Pop-Up Store Constructed For The Holidays: Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos Pays Visit Downtown Las Vegas: Zappos has created a pop-up store in downtown Las Vegas. Find out more about this entirely new shopping experience.
- Barbie Book Basically Tells Girls They Can’t Code for Themselves; Internet Fixes It: Barbie: I Can Be a Computer Engineer is the most heinous book for young girls. See how the Internet community came together to make it better.
- Shutterfly Inc. Acquires Shark Tank-Backed GrooveBook: The mobile photo book app subscription service got acquired this week for $14.5 million.
- 5 Things Journalists Want to See in Your Email Subject Line: Check out this infographic for some tips on how to get the eyes of journalists for that next story pitch.
- The 10 Regions with the Most-Improved Startup Funding: Check out our 40-page startup accelerator report on these 10 startup regions.
- Lavasoft CEO Lists 5 Montreal Startups to Watch: Montreal’s got a pretty robust startup scence, Check out these five startups to watch.
- Why Should an Entrepreneur Start a Consulting Company?: As an entrepreneur, you instantly gain a sense of authority in your field. Here are some reasons to consider consulting others.
- Tsu is the Only Social Platform Where You Actually Own and Monetize Your Content: Tsu is a new social networking platform that can actually make you real money on the content that you create and post.
- According to a New Scientific Study, This is Why You’re Sleepy Right Now: Apparently, there aren’t just early-birds and night-owls – there are other birds of time!
- This is How You Should Market Your App: It’s not enough to have a great app, you need to actually get that app into the hands of the consumer. Here a guideline to how you should market your app.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!