November 16, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team.
This week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories include a great piece on the U.S. Army Green Berets, which was published on Veterans Day. There are also some great pieces on managing your operations, as well as personal stories from CEOs on how they’ve dealt with anxiety or faced the expensive San Francisco ecosystem. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 3 Startup Lessons from the U.S. Army Green Berets: Contributor Gavin McCulley is a veteran of the U.S. Army Green Berets and he shares his past experiences in military service and relates them to what startups can learn.
- 14 Reasons Why Your Employees Don’t Care: According to a recent Gallup poll, only 13 percent of employees across the globe are engaged at work. Here at look at some of the reasons why your employees aren’t giving a shit.
- How the Internet of Things is Shaping Our Future: While the Internet of Things (IoT) movement has become a recent phenomenon, it has long-lasting repercussions on society overall. Explore the ways through which it is affecting our lives.
- Everything You Need to Know About Google’s Latest Algorithm Update: In October, Google made updates to its search algorithm. Here’s what you need to know.
- 5 Damn Good Reasons to Startup in Orlando: Orlando isn’t just about Mickey Mouse (although, honestly, who doesn’t associate it with that darned mouse?). Surprisingly, the technology sector falls just right behind travel and tourism – here are the reasons why you should startup in Central Florida.
- 5 Low-Budget Marketing Ideas for Small Business: If you’ve got zero to very little money, that shouldn’t prohibit your business from accomplishing marketing campaigns. Here’s 5 cheap marketing strategies that you can take advantage of.
- Startups: 3 Ways to Extend Your Runway and Avoid Burning Cash: Running out of cash is the second leading reason why startups fail. Here are some strategies for minimizing spending.
- The Netherlands Builds World’s First Solar-Powered Road: This is awesome; read it.
- Freelancers: Overdue Invoices? Just Tell Julie!: Just Tell Julie is a new tool to help freelancers with one of the most problematic issues in the industry: getting paid in a timely manner.
- The First 100 Days: Crucial Decisions That Could Make or Break Your Startup: If you want your startup to succeed, you really have to focus on doing whatever you can in the first 100 days. Here’s a look into why that is, and what you can do in those early days.
- The Crippling Anxiety of Being a Startup CEO: A poignant story of Inkling’s Matt MacInnis and the anxieties that the role of CEO brings along.
- 5 Ways to Survive in San Francisco as a Broke Startup: San Francisco is an expensive city; starting a company while trying to survive in it is a whole other level. Here’s some ways you can try to survive.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!