December 28, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team.
We hope you all enjoyed the much-needed time with family this holiday season! The winter holiday season is always the best part of the year – reuniting with family, seeing old friends, and stuffing our faces with home-cooked meals for dayz. Winter is upon us, so consider downloading some of these winter weather survival apps in case snow falls wherever you live. This week, Tech Cocktail Top Stories include some great pieces from some of our contributors. Hillary Smith gave us some insight on some of the great things going on in 3D printing; Santosh Satya gives us some helpful information on taxes; Allan Watson suggests some great apps that startups can use on the iPhone 6 to help manage their companies; and Kali Hawlk gives us a great guide on how to improve your social media strategy in 2015.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Turn Your Instagram Photos Into Video with Iconosquare: Formerly known as Statigram, Iconosquare will turn your top five most liked Instagram photos into a video roundup of your year.
- 5 Entrepreneurial Lessons from Interning at ‘The Colbert Report’: Here’s what one former intern for the show learned about entrepreneurship, and how it’s helped him to adapt in the startup world.
- 10 Apps That Help Startups Use iPhone 6 Efficiently: From project management to a customer service platform, here are some great apps that startups should be using to help them more efficiently manage their startups.
- 4 Ways to Watch ‘The Interview’ Online: My family spent Christmas evening gathered in our family room watching The Interview. If you haven’t yet, here are some ways for you to watch it.
- The Top 20 Most Popular Websites: 1996 to the Present [INFOGRAPHIC]: Find out which websites have consistently dominated the Interwebz.
- This is What a Lack of Sleep Does to Your Brain [INFOGRAPHIC]: Sleep too much or too little, and it could have significant effects on your brain. Watch yo’self.
- The Ultimate Tech Guide for You to Get In Shape in 2015: Check out these tech tools and apps that could help you get into better shape in 2015.
- 8 Unbelievable Ideas 3D Printing is Already Being Used For: Furniture, houses, and even organs – check out some of the amazing things that 3D printing is doing for society.
- How to Improve Social Media Marketing in 2015: Some great tips and tactics to help you work on your social media in the upcoming year.
- Taxes: Large Corporations vs Small Businesses and Startups: Read this. Because taxes.
- Reading on a Screen Before Bed May Lead to Health Problems: Those bright screens right before bed could actually be contributing to our impending deaths, guys.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We recently published a comprehensive startup accelerator report, fill out this form to get a copy!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!