September 21, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 5 Ways to Be Happier at Work: We caught up with Jenn Lim, the CEO of Delivering Happiness and we got her take on strategies for being happier at work.
- Startup PR Basics: How to Handle Press Releases, Media Lists, Pitch Emails, and Follow Ups: Some basic PR tips from a startup that helps other startups get their pitches seen.
- Meet the Newest Batch of Hottest Showcasing Startup Winners: From Los Angeles to Buenos Aires, we polled our readers and made our own decisions – here are the latest batch hottest startups to join us at Celebrate this October.
- Fever Smart Launches Indiegogo Campaign: Fever Smart is a smart patch thermometer that easily sticks on to a child, allowing parents to monitor their temperature through their smartphones.
- Google Acquires Polar, Wedgies Welcomes Their Users: Google acquired Polar a couple weeks ago, and Wedgies is glad – why? Because those users have nowhere to go to, so why not turn to a competitor?
- Why Your Startup Marketing Must Include Your Origin Story: Do you know what startups I’m attracted to? The ones that have an interesting story to tell – share your origin story, and get people interested.
- Cards Against Urbanity: Because City Planning Isn’t Bullshit: Like Cards Against Humanity but for those interested in city planning (or NOT interested in city planning).
- Will Startup BlankPage Solve Writers’ Blank Page Issue?: What is writing, even?
- See Matt Galligan, Neil Patel, SmartThings Cofounder Jeff Hagins, & More at Tech Cocktail Celebrate Conference: We announced new speakers that will be joining us at Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
- Inside the Company Culture of Meetup: Read about Meetup’s rituals, perks, and office – essentially everything that makes the company so great.
- MIT is Hosting a Breast Pump Hackathon This Weekend: Because breast pumps are dumb and they need to be fixed.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!