June 17, 2015
Techstars has been making major headlines this week in the news with their recent acquisition of UP Global. In fact, there’s seldom a month where they’re not in the news for something innovative or exciting, but that’s what we’ve come to expect from one of the top accelerators in the US.
A big part of Techstars’ success has been the continual expansion of their accelerator programs, which actually originated in a basement in Boulder, Colorado. For example, the Detroit program is very young still but strongly successful: they catered an accelerator model to fit the vibe of the city near perfectly.
Techstars put down some roots in Austin as well, about two years ago. It’s also been a widely successful program, and they just hosted their demo day to congratulate the third class of startups graduating from the accelerator.
On March 23 Techstars Austin welcomed ten new companies to embark on a three month intensive accelerator program. Low and behold, that was three months ago, and the capstone demo day has officially arrived.
These new members of the Techstars family took the stage to present all that they’ve worked to build over the last few months. Further, the team at Techstars Austin count themselves lucky to have the majority of their 2013 and 2014 alumni at the event as well as the 100 mentors who help make the accelerator great.
So, I’m sure you’re dying to meet the startups. Here are the ten companies that just participated in the Spring 2015 Techstars Austin Demo Day:
- FantasyHub: Play fantasy sports with athletes and brands for their charity of choice
- HuntingLocator: The marketplace for hunters and outdoorsmen to rent leases from land owners
- MetricStory: A powerful analytics dashboard that’s easy to use
- OneModel: An HR analytics platform that helps businesses make sense of all their disparate human capital data
- Pushmote: A simple way to implement and manage all iBeacon interactions
- Redfox: A marketing platform for mobile games
- SelfLender: They help consumers establish and build credit
- StopLight: A toolkit for developers to debut, test, and monitor APIs in development or live production environments
- StyleSage: They deliver intelligence to fashion brands and retailers for critical merchandising, planning, and promotion decisions
- Wonders: A beautiful, visual discovery platform for apparel from brand generated content
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!