November 20, 2014
Last week Techstars held their 2014 Boston Demo Day to celebrate the 12 startup companies graduating the accelerator program. According to the team, one of the awesome characteristics about this year’s class is that it’s one of the most international classes out of Boston to date.
Companies came from Australia, Russia, France, Croatia, Hong Kong, and even domestic lands like San Francisco and Boston. These startups bring a geographically diverse mix to the Boston tech ecosystem, and their ideas are enticing.
“It’s been an honor and a privilege working with these founders over the past few months, and I’m excited for them to show off all their progress,” says Semyon Dukach, Managing Director of Techstars Boston.
Techstars Boston is increasingly attracting international companies who are accelerating their success in this wonderful city.
Here are the companies who presented at the 2014 Techstars Boston Demo Day:
- Codeanywhere is a platform that enables developers to collaborate and run code together, no matter what editor they use.
- CoolChip has developed kinetic cooling technology that breaks through the thermal brick wall, allowing modern electronics to be cooled more effectively
- EdTrips consolidates the booking and payment of group trips online for educational venues, enhancing the lives of millions of students.
- Fairwaves is a mobile network system that enables rural mobile operators to acquire another billion subscribers in developing countries.
- Fortified Bicycle is building an urban bike brand that empowers city cyclists with invincible bike gear.
- Magnet is smart jewelry that brings digital touch to loved ones.
- Helloblock is building a developer platform to simplify bitcoin transactions for merchants.
- indico is building intelligent tools for data scientists, enabling a new generation of machine learning.
- ROCKI develops products that allow you to stream the music you love to the speakers you already have.
- Spitfire Athlete is building a movement of greatness and badassery for women, starting with a strength training app.
- Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve video streaming and cut bandwidth costs with peer-to-peer delivery technology.
- Mavrck (formerly Splashscore) powers premier brands with the most effective platform for converting sales on social media.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!