April 25, 2013
This is the first time TechStars has partnered with an existing accelerator, and for good reason: Excelerate was already one of the top 5 startup accelerators in the US. The program now offers startups three months of mentorship from a network of 129 mentors, and funding up to $118,000.
Here is the summer 2013 class, chosen from over 900 applicants.
- CaptureProof: A platform for patients to share photos with their doctors and track their health over time.
- HIPOM: Standing for “home Internet peace of mind,” HIPOM allows parents to shut off Internet access on any of their kids’ devices using wifi.
- Nexercise: An iPhone and Android exercise app that turns fitness into a game: you can compete against friends, earn rewards, and track your progress. Cofounded by Benjamin Young and Greg Coleman.
- Pathful: Website analytics that track how visitors interact with all different parts of your website: clicks, hovering, pinching and zooming on mobile, and more.
- Peoplematics: A tool that connects to your cloud accounts so you can find, share, and organize files.
- Project Fixup (Chicago): A paid dating site that fixes you up on live dates, handling all the scheduling and choosing the location.
- SimpleRelevance (Chicago): An email marketing platform that customizes messages to every recipient and automatically sends them at the ideal time. See our Q&A with founder and CEO Erik Severinghaus.
- SocialCrunch: A platform that collects opinions and insights about customers. SocialCrunch can ask sensitive or controversial questions that you as a business might not want to ask your users. Led by CEO Alex Griffiths.
- Sqord: An activity tracking device for kids that encourages them to move and play more with points and rewards. Cofounded by Coleman Greene and Vish Avasarala.
- TradingView (Columbus): An online community for investors and traders with detailed financial charts.
Editor’s Note: If you’re trying to figure out which startup accelerator program is right for you, check out Tech Cocktail’s free startup accelerator report.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!