February 22, 2010
If you are in the Chicagoland area you might want to head up to Milwaukee to the one-day seminar, Think Tank Live! Digital Marketing & Social Media Summit. The event, on Tuesday, February 23, 2010, will focus on educating attendees on how to utilize Internet marketing and social media to attract customers, increase profits and reduce costs.
I.M. Think Tank founder Mary DuQuaine explained:
“This conference is designed to provide professionals with practical ideas that create online marketing results.”
Additionally, Think Tank Live will look to address the following 5 major trends transforming marketing:
- Inbound Marketing is Critical for Business Strategy – It is vital for businesses to revisit their value proposition and ensure customer focus. Research key search engine queries with the customer in mind. When speaking at User Generated Content Expo on a panel with David Berkowitz and Brian Solis last year, I stated the following: “Search engines and user generated content are creating focus on a brand’s niche attributes and user experiences when interacting with the brand. Embrace this by adapting your business strategy to pull (search) marketing, listening and innovating.”
- Search Marketing & Web Analytics Are Now Executive Level Strategy Issues – Search marketing strategy and web analytics are quickly rising to the top of the executive level. It is both a major revenue driver and ever so slowly becoming a concentration of operational risk. As search marketing and web analytics are displacing creative at the top of the marketing process. You should obtain people who have a rare combination of search marketing strategy, web analytics and an understanding about the business impacts of “The New Emerging Media Skill Set of the Generation X Chief Marketing Officer”.
- Realignment of Organizational Structures to Enable Digital Marketing Success – Even if you map out your search marketing and social media strategy, there are still major barriers to effective execution. The scope of these initiatives spans marketing, finance, strategy and information technology. Successful companies will engage c-level executives who spearhead the necessary change management to implement effective, executive strategy level SEO.
- Blog Content is Consistently Migrating To Mainstream Media – As traditional journalism continually reduces head count, blogs increasingly break news that migrates to the mainstream media. It is important to align your content creation process with this trend that was discussed in this recent post, “How Breaking Business Stories Migrate To Mainstream Mass Media.”
- Potential for Periodic to Become Real Time Management of Marketing Channels and Related Budgets – To outperform your industry peers companies must make continuous, customer driven, incremental changes while performing competitive intelligence. Back when I was at BlackRock during the 80 to 800 employee hyper-growth phase, this was a critical driver to our success. The alternative is to not navigate necessary marketing channel changes, which can lead to business failure which was recently discussed in “Brand Marketing Channel Business Budgeting Strategy Misfortune : Porters of Racine.”
TECH cocktail readers get a special $50 off by using the discount code below. Here are the seminar details:
SEMINAR FOCUS: Educating business executives on how to use the power of Internet Marketing for strategic success.
SCHEDULED TOPICS: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) • Digital Marketing Strategy • SEM / Pay Per Click • Web Analytics • Online Reputation Management • Social Media • Facebook • Twitter • WordPress
LOCATION: Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road, Waukesha, Wisconsin (Map)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Small and Medium Size Business Owners, C-Level Executives (CMO, CEO, CFO, COO), Marketing, Branding & Corporate Communications Managers, Directors of Public Relations and Advertising Specialists, Retained Executive Recruiters, Members of Board of Directors, Information Technology and Web Design Professionals.
DATE: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 8AM-5PM, Check in & voluntary web site audits begin at 8AM sharp!
REGISTRATION FEE: $225, $50 off with code TechCocktail50, includes lunch and after party cocktail event. For more information and to register please visit: http://www.thinktanklive.com/register/
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!