September 25, 2013
Today the Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) is hosting its investor demo day in New York City. The IAC Headquarters is the venue for the event, and there are 10 total startups pitching to a crowd of investors, ERA alums, and press members.
The summer 2013 class is composed of product innovators that maintain a focus on NYC-related industries and business. They are solving problems across multiple fields like education technology, advertising technology, search functions, communications, product discovery, and retail.
The four-month journey through ERA has given them the resources they need to jump start their companies by combining hands-on help, seed capital, co-working spaces, free legal help, and expert leadership. ERA companies also get direct access to leading members of the NYC and broader tech communities.
The ERA 2013 summer class is:
- Agolo: A social discovery platform that uses natural language processing.
- Admittedly: A virtual college guidance counselor platform.
- ClosetDash: A platform that lets women shop for new fashions using their existing fashions.
- Gigzolo: A marketplace for musicians and photographers.
- Machinio: A vertical search engine used for industrial machinery.
- Metropolist: Socially curated local recommendation top ten lists.
- Nutmeg Education: Assessment solutions that provide individualized earning for students.
- Piiku: A premium video advertisement network for content paywalls.
- Rockerbox: A display advertising solution for audience intent retargeting.
- Tapactive: A membership-based service that provides clients with unlimited workouts for a monthly fee.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!