December 31, 2009
The year 2009, has come and gone and with it lots of sharing has taken place on the Web. AddThis, a Washington, D.C. based start-up, helps website publishers and bloggers spread their content across the web by making it easy for visitors to bookmark and share content to their favorite social destinations. In doing so, AddThis has a pretty good idea about what people are sharing on the Web. AddThis has been installed on over 550,000 Web sites, touches over 600 million people worldwide per month, is loaded over 1.3 billion times per day, and is integrated with over 230 services.
Here are the top 15 shared pages of 2009:
- Santa Yourself – 71,848 shares
- African thunderstorm – 50,008 shares
- “Suprised Kitty” Rampages Across Nation – 32,270 shares
- Cannabis College Now Enrolling Students – 24,338 shares
- Viral ‘Extreme Shepherding’ Ad Campaign Lights Up the Welsh Hills – 18,165 shares
- Michael Jackson Dies – 13,481 shares
- Swine Flu — One of the Most Massive Cover-ups in American History – 12,722 shares
- Best. Wedding Entrance. Ever. – 12,693 shares
- Faith the Two-Legged Dog Turns Seven This Christmas – 11,546 shares
- Santelli’s Tea Party – 11,020 shares
- Best Graphics Cards For The Money: November ’09 – 10,802 shares
- Ukrainian Has Definitely ‘Got Talent’ – 10,620 shares
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad revealed to have Jewish past – 10,502 shares
- Man’s surprising laugh – 7,340 shares
- El Caso Mascherano – Investigación – Parte 1 – 7,149 shares
Wow, leave it to Santa to take the top spot over the King of Pop. While that is a lot of sharing, sharing is caring, afterall. Happy New Year. 🙂
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!