June 19, 2013
In conjunction with Warner Bros. kicking off their first accelerator camp last month, Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS) today announced the companies selected for their 12-week, Media Camp accelerator program in San Francisco.
The five startups will work with digital, television, and film executives while participating in comprehensive curriculums on media-specific topics. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to commercialize their business to Turner’s entertainment, news, sports, and animation networks as well as other Time Warner companies.
The five members of the San Francisco 2013 class are:
- ChannelMeter – A professional video analytics platform for publishers and brands that focuses on online video, specifically maximizing and engaging audiences.
- Cinemacraft – An interactive media monetization platform, Cinemacraft enables content holders, brands, and publishers to deliver context-driven engagement on videos and photos.
- Meograph – An easy way to create multimedia stories that is currently used by media organizations, companies, schools, and storytellers worldwide.
- Plumzi – A platform for animation studios to adapt their television series into a new form of entertainment for touch devices.
- Tomorrowish – A DVR for social media that captures, curates, syncs, and replays social media messages about TV shows, advertisements, conferences, movies, and political events.
This is the second year TBS has hosted their Media Camp, and the already potent accelerator will only get stronger over time. Last year’s class provided valuable insight as to what type of startups are interested in applying and are relevant to the industry.
The next 12 weeks promise a full repertoire of presentations, workshops, formal mentorship, community events, direct investment opportunities, and partnerships with vendors for these dynamic startups. The demo day has been set for September 12th, 2013, and it promises to deliver in only the way the entertainment industry can.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!