September 9, 2014
Twin Cities, Tech Cocktail wants to showcase Twin Cities’ top startups. So mark your calendars, on Sept. 10th we will be hosting our Mixer and Startup Showcase event where you will have the opportunity meet industry leaders and founders of top startups. Time to vote for your favorite startup and see you at the event, make sure to grab our signature cocktail.
Now for the fun part: Who is Twin Cities’ Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in this poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Twin Cities’ Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
Who is Twin Cities’ Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Camera Slice, Inc.– Camera Slice provides a simple solution that makes it easy to sync, snap and share. We are solving time synchronization between multiple devices, increasing social engagement through shared experiences and keeping users connected through curation of that content.
- CommunityLeader, Inc. – Crowdfunding promises to democratize private capital markets in the United States and around the world. Getting private capital into the hands of deserviing growing business, and allow a broader group of investors to particpate is essential to the economic health of our communities. Unfortunately there are significant regulatory, financial, operational and cost barriers for crowdfunding to come to market. Portals, Broker/Dealers, Developers, Business School, incubators, and financial ervice professionals want to be part of this market — but the real and perceived barriers are too high. CommunityLeader removes those barriers. CommunityLeader has compiled the necessary products and services as a seamless ecosystem, which can be cost effectively licensed with customized service packages. We allow our clients to enter the “Crowdfunding” market fast, cost effectively and with confidence that they will be operating in full compliance with the complex regulations.
- iAMroyalist Inc. – Today traditional loyalty programs are impossible to understand and use, and meant only for a tiny few. They fail, not primarily for lack of technology, but due to social distraction, mistrust, and lack of transparency. In truth, loyalty is a myth. People really don’t care about brands. they care about their own life. They care about freedom. and they reward those providers that give it to them.
- SparkStarter – Simply put, dating is difficult. SparkStarter is here to make it easier. There are four main areas we think SparkStarter is better at solving this problem compared to current market offerings. 1) People don’t have time 2) Lacking the safety factor 3) People are less willing to pay for subscription based dating sites 4) Most sites offer the quantity, not the quality of matches With a patent pending algorithm and the concept of using Facebook data with references from your friends, we believe we will be able to accomplish all of these challenges with current online dating offerings.
- StoreGenie – The StoreGenie marketing platform and CRM delivers the long desired one-to-one to marketing capability that individual brick and mortar retail stores and chains need to compete with e-commerce. StoreGenie is based on the insight that every time a shopper interacts with a retail sales associate, the sales associate learns highly detailed information about the shopper’s preferences and interests but currently this information is lost as soon as the shopper leaves. With StoreGenie, in a matter of seconds, sales associates use their mobile device or other input devices to permanently capture everything just learned about the shopper during their interaction. The result is a mailing list that is organized by shared preferences and interests and enables highly targeted and relevant text and e-mail messages to as few as a single recipient and drives traffic to both the web and the retail store.
- Toovio Software, LLC – The Marketer struggles to quickly and effectively test & learn in a marketplace where Consumer ability to learn & choose grows exponentially over time… Allows Marketer to get real data and allows consumer to manage the scope of their decisions. With machine learning & automation, Every customer data event (regardless of channel) is an opportunity to drive customer engagement and revenue.
- vBench – vBench was designed to solve both financial and resource inefficiencies for employers when it comes to finding, hiring and paying freelance (contract) resources. P: Currently most employers use staffing firms to hire contractors, and these firms often tack on huge markups (20%-100%+) on top of the freelance consultants hourly rate. S: vBench gives employers a platform to negotiate rates and collaborate directly with the freelance consultant. Through vBench the employer gets a better rate by avoiding the middlemen, because they are paying the “true rate” they negotiated with transparent fees. P: Hiring offshore contractors may have appealing hourly rates, but there are many hidden costs in managing offshore resources. S: Quality of work ,rework, risk and communication, time zone and cultural barriers can all present challenges with hiring and managing offshore labor. vBENCH focuses exclusively on local U.S.-based freelance consultants mitigating these hidden costs.
- vidtiger– Connecting people in a more immersive, collaborative space than previously possible.
- VoiceHive – Access to instant interaction and results without having to upload or download or instruction. Enter the URL and you are in! No fuss. No gimmicks. On the host end, real time results congregated in tabulated and graphic form. Easy, easy, easy and effective.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!