August 12, 2009
TECH cocktail 11 sponsor Zookie is looking for a stellar individual to join their team as SVP of Consumer eCommerce. This position will be the heart of the organization and the person holding it will have the chance to work with a fantastic team to build a fun and exciting consumer product. Please check out the job description below and if you are interested please email a resume and cover letter to Mark Zucker (mark [at] zookbinders dot com).
SVP – Consumer eCommerce
About the Company:
zookie is a b2c start-up that will design and produce photo albums, photo books and ancillary photo products for brides and individuals who want to remember their family’s most important events.
zookie is being launched by the founder and CEO of Zookbinders, a Deerfield, IL based 10M manufacturer of albums that serves the wedding industry in a b2b capacity through pro photographers.
zookie’s creation is a response to the disruption caused by digital photography. Today, more than half of all weddings are shot by photographers who charge a fee to shoot the job and give the client a disc of images. This digital bride ends up with approximately 1000 images, has no prior knowledge of how to design her wedding album, and has limited access to good quality choices for ordering her album.
zookie will streamline the process of ordering albums while generally removing the pain of “doing it yourself”. Our growth strategy lies in using the wedding experience as an entry point toward becoming their photographic “go to” company. After the wedding, we’ll help families remember their most important events from birthdays and graduations to vacations and digital scrapbooks.
After 14 years of being an innovator in the wedding market on the b2b side, we’re ready to plunge head-first into the b2c space. We’ll supply the industry knowledge and a ton of great ideas. What we need is an internet company builder who can fine tune the plan, and create a team that can execute our vision of helping rid the world of discs of important images that never get printed!
zookie is looking for a hands-on, top performer to lead our consumer online marketing and product management vision. As the VP of Product Management for zookie, you’ll be responsible for building our online consumer business from the ground up. This position will define strategy, lead the execution of our product roadmap and have p/l responsibility. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for traffic, user experience and conversion.
Skills We’re Looking for:
- Experience in developing a strategic business plan.
- Outstanding online marketing experience.
- Strong grasp of user interface design and best practices for optimizing online user experience.
- Tactical experience in web analytics.
- Ability to institutionalize reporting and analysis.
- Solid understanding of technical issues related to web site management.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on critical metrics and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams.
- Ability to work well with IT.
- Ability to hire all Marketing & IT personnel
- Someone not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- At least 2 years of working as a VP of Product Management at a web-based company, or a track record of successfully working at a senior level (director and above) in at least 3 or more web-based companies focused on consumer e-commerce.
- Extensive Online Marketing Experience (required)
- Experience leading web producers and online product management talent.
- History of successful partnership with CTOs and technical teams in building new sites and systems from the ground up.
- College degree required. MBA desirable.
What’s in it for you:
- Strong salary
- Bonus based on meeting goals
- Ability to truly create and execute on a new business vision
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!