January 2, 2010
I spoke at SXSW 2009 on the topic “A Hard Sell? Social Media & Your Boss” along with Raj Malik Sr. Director legal at Network Solutions. Several people in the audience wanted to know if there were any Corporate Social Media guidelines that they could use as a model. In case you have the same question here are some places that you can get examples of Corp Social Media guidelines.
- Altimeter Group Wiki on Social Media Guidelines.
- Network Solutions Post with Model Social Media Guidelines.
- Social Media Sub Council Wiki with Social Media Guidelines.
- Mashable article on Social Media Policy Must Haves.
Here are some other considerations if you are beginning to implement Social Media guidelines for your company.
- Your employees may already be in social networks. Encourage them to be your evangelists
- Teach your employees “How to” instead of only what not to do
- Hold regular sessions on the progress of your social media efforts to socialize your efforts.
Here are some suggested Social Media readings :
- The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web : Tamar Weinberg
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion : Gary Vaynerchuk
- Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust : Chris Brogan & Julien Smith
- Twitterville: How Businesses Can Thrive in the New Global Neighborhoods : Shel Israel
- The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your Business : Tara Hunt
You may have other great suggestions for social media guidelines or books – let us know by commenting below.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!