October 4, 2012
Earlier this year, Tech Cocktail had the pleasure of sharing a few cocktails with Baltimore’s finest while checking out some of the hot, local startups. Good news Baltimore, we’re coming back. On October 18th, Tech Cocktail will be showcasing a dozen new up-and-coming Baltimore-based startups < register for the Mixer here >.
But before the event begins, we want to know what you think – who is Baltimore’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm on the day of the event).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
The confirmed startups are listed below. (Startups, you can still apply for the event)
- CityCirculator – CityCirculator is a mobile application (currently in prototype stage) designed to connect riders (individuals seeking transportation) with drivers (independent car owners who are willing and qualified to provide the service) in a secure environment
- Course Canary – Course Canary creates tools for instructors teaching in online or tech-enabled courses to gather student feedback throughout a course instead of only at the conclusion of the course.
- decisionaire – Decisionaire provides experts in any field – or those that think they are experts – with an easy way to sell tailored decision making advice via the Internet.
- Dormify – Dormify is an online-only content and commerce brand focused on arming college students with the tools to create a space that is uniquely their own while at school and beyond.
- HDScores – HDScores takes publicly available government data “Open Data/Big Data” that is hard to read and search and put it into an easy to read and search format platform starting with health department inspection scores from 3200+ jurisdictions across North America.
- HobbyBuddy – At HobbyBuddy we believe life is best spent doing the things you love with people you enjoy. HobbyBuddy is a clean, easy-to-use networking platform that allows you to connect with people in your city or your travel destination to enjoy a hobby.
- NewsUp.me – NewsUp.me is a game for reading the news that matters to you, featuring personalized news, trivia and real-life rewards in a highly engaging mobile application.
- Offer n’ Buy – Offer ‘N Buy is a web/mobile marketplace for students to buy, sell and exchange items and services. Students can post and view listings for wanted items, services, sale or exchange in different schools and cities in the US.
- Solar System Express – The Gravity Development Board (GDB) will be the first space rated prototyping system, enabling space settlement via increased human capability on Earth.
- Wutsgood – Wutsgood is an Internet web browser for children ages 3-17 that protect them from cyber bullying and other crime against our users. We make it possible for children to report crimes committed against them.
Baltimore, come check out the startups for yourself.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!