August 20, 2013
Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
Silicon Beach, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at Cross Campus for an evening of LA’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is LA’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Los Angeles’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
- 360Candidate – 360Candidate enables a collaborative environment whereby hiring teams can review robust candidate profiles 24×7 on all platforms and devices. The information collected from the candidates is customizable to include video responses, third-party references, written responses, brag books, social data, and much more.
- Aisle Planner – Aisle Planner is a SaaS business that provides planning and collaboration tools to professional and DIY wedding planners so that they can organize and execute on the wedding of their dreams. By creating a complete solution that understands the nuance of wedding planning, we’re able to more effectively serve the needs of the bridal market.
- BandAid – BandAid is a crowdfunding platform specifically tailored to independent bands going on their first tours.. Bands offer perks that allows them to directly engage with their fans while they’re on the road, while the fans’ support enables the band to keep the tour going!
- Clutter – Clutter makes storage simple with an app that manages box pick-up, storage, and retrieval. By downloading Clutter’s free iPhone app in the App Store, users can arrange to have reusable storage boxes delivered right to their doorstep, photograph the items they are packing so they always know what they have in storage, and schedule their boxes to be picked up and securely stored by Clutter for $10/box per month.
- Film This – Film This is a fan engagement platform based on video challenges. Working with brands, Film This helps them engage their fans by having them create videos based on brand criteria, while the fans spread the message and get votes on the best videos.
- Fingertip Maestro – Fingertip Maestro is a revolutionary, new music-making app, for people of all ages and abilities. It enables those with no musical training, to play music convincingly, with the feeling and texture of a real musician.
- Jabid – Jabid.com is the easiest way to find films, TV and web originals – live events or taped – on the web. Compare prices and choose from Amazon, iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Vudu and more. Follow, share and talk about your favorite programs.
- PlanetNow – PlanetNow is a powerful next generation cloud based event management tool that organizes global events, complex workflows & budgets associated with the execution of a successful event. PlanetNow simplifies the corporate & consumer events process by integrating tools that help people discover information & innovate through engagement
- SocialTagg – SocialTagg is a software platform that better connects people at events. Our first product is a business card replacement app available in the App Store and Play Store. We assign each one of our users their very own, unique QR code. Instead of exchanging business cards, you simply scan someone’s QR code to get their contact information.
- Tapshare – Tapshare is an app which connects people nearby. You can see who is around you, you can message them, and if you’re all at a party having fun, you can share photos in a group album. You can also project the photos being taken in realtime onto a wall with the broadcast feature. We can do this at the event if you guys are interested.
- Tengrade – Tengrade is the social rating tool, allowing users to rate any topic on a scale of 0-10, share ratings with friends, and compare results with the rest of the world. Tengrade is building the “Sentiment Graph” – a central database of explicitly quantified sentiment about all things, from politics to pizza to pop-culture. Users can tengrade topics through the web site, a mobile phone, a browser extension, buttons on third-party sites, and perhaps most uniquely, directly from Facebook or Twitter using the proprietary Startag rating system.
- unface.me – Unface.me is an anonymous social network with real friends. It allows you anonymously communicate with your friends from Facebook, Vkontakte and other social networks.
- WP Curve – WP Curve gives you unlimited access to a WordPress developer on any business day, for support, maintenance & small fixes.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!