October 30, 2013
In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
Earlier this week, the first Challenge Cup was held at 1776 in DC, where 36 startups vied for the four regional winners’ spots within their respective category.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these 8 energy startups from the event is the hottest by voting in the poll at the bottom of this post! The winner of the Reader’s Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Friday, November 8th.
Who is The Challenge Cup DC’s Hottest Energy Startup?
- E-Mow – Grass-powered robot mower that uses biomass energy in grass to power itself.
- Hilltop Energy Partners – Optimizes building cleantech performance through energy efficiency auditing, upgrades, building usage analytics, and distributed generation retrofits.
- Nettadonna – Online market place for electronic components sourced without conflict.
- Ethical Electric – Energy company that powers as many American homes and businesses as possible with 100% clean energy from local, renewable sources like wind and solar.
- Sunnovations – Solar water heating technology for residential and small commercial applications.
- WattB – Platform for comparing electricity plans that are accessible for individuals.
- AutoPRO – enables car owners with real-time awareness of vehicle’s health condition using mobile technology-enhancing ownership experience beyond the “check engine light” advisory.
- EMQuanta – Provide clean electron sourcing and direct utility billing enabling open roaming for electric vehicles.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!