October 12, 2011
Today X.commerce was officially announced at the annual Innovate Developer Conference in San Francisco, bringing together the technology assets and developer communities of eBay, PayPal, and Magento, as well as a number of technology assets across the eBay portfolio. The additional assets being folded into the X.commerce ecosystem include RedLaser, Milo, and Zong, among others – and some partners. These offerings give a complete collection of commerce capabilities to merchants and developers. The challenge now is to see how developers might leverage the elements brought together in this new platform to change the future of commerce.
Some additional announcements today at the conference included:
- The integration of Facebook Open Graph into Magento, which will allow developers to build new social shopping experiences for millions.
- The launch of PayPal Access, which lets consumers shop across the web with just their PayPal username and password.
- Adobe joined X.commerce ecosystem as a partner to offer robust analytics to X.commerce merchants.
- Kenshoo joined the X.commerce ecosystem to help merchants of all sizes create automated digital marketing campaigns.
- Outright joined the X.commerce ecosystem to offer an online bookkeeping tool for merchants.
- CIGNEX Datamatics joined the X.commerce ecosystem to help clients implement Open Source ecommerce solutions.
You may recall we caught up with the X.commerce eXpress tour bus in New York last month and learned more about the program. We’ll be joined by the bus again at our upcoming events in Seattle and Boulder, as we are proud to have X.commerce as the title sponsor of those Tech Cocktail events.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!