July 1, 2011
Today social gaming giant Zynga filed a form S-1 with the SEC. The document shares a number of insights with the public for the first time since their rise to online gaming domination. The filing has Zynga to raise almost $1 billion from the IPO. Underwriters include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Barclays Capital, JP Morgan and Allen and Company.
According to the filing, Zynga has the following:
- 60 million daily active users in 138 countries
- 38,000 virtual items are created every second
- 2 billion minutes a day are spent on Zynga games
- $597 million in revenue in 2010
- $235 million in the first quarter of 2011
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!