September 9, 2013
Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
DC, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at 1776 for an evening of DC’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is DC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as DC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
- Andelion – Andelion is an online shopping community that connects gadget shoppers with shop savvy gadget geeks. It helps people find right product at deal price while buying electronics, computers etc.
- Bracketeers – A web platform for connecting businesses to consumers through March Madness style prediction & voting contests.
- Fortique – Fortique is an online marketplace to buy and sell local creative services like interior design, event planning, graphic design, and more. By curating and promoting up-and-coming and freelance talent, we present consumers with reliable, affordable options when sourcing creative talent while helping build the businesses of talented entrepreneurs.
- Fund the Republic – We operate an investment crowdfunding platform where established Main Street businesses raise capital, gain market insight, and grow their business. Our mission is to empower everyday Americans (the crowd) to support Main Street with capital funding.
- GitBadger – GitBadger speeds up development cycles by providing real time information and data visualizations to your entire development team.
- ImpactHub – Impact Hub is an online marketplace for socially responsible outsourcing. We connect small and medium enterprises with talented offshore teams that collect and manage digital content. We represent 30+ service providers that are transforming poor and vulnerable communities around the world.
- Jhoombox – Jhoombox is a new kind of console that brings the power and openness of Android to your TV. You can browse the Internet, watch movies, perform karaoke, play games, Skype with anyone, and much more.
- My Study Rewards – My Study Rewards is a social platform that allows individuals to build and test knowledge, while being rewarded for their effort. Users can watch educational videos to earn points and rewards or purchase and play PopQ, our trivia game, to earn more points and rewards. Rewards are discount offers to national brands and retailers.
- NervEight – The NervEight app solves the ‘struggling artist’ problem of spending excessively to increase their market exposure. The app provides free and premium promotional services for all musicians, a unique and direct user base for support and feedback, and analytic’s musicians can utilize to better inform them of how to sell to their music to fans from anywhere.
- nvite – Redesigning and reimaging the event experience; focused on events beyond the RSVP, the before, during and after experience … providing social relevancy to content with respect to social content curration.
- Recoup.com – Consumers want to purchase products ranging from everyday items to luxury travel deals online and also want to make an impact when making the purchase, however there are not many options in today’s e-commerce space. With Recoup, consumers can make these purchases and also select a non-profit to which they want to make an impact for.
- retrievRE – retrievRE is one-stop-shopping for commercial property information, property listings, lease comparables, and tenant requirements – a commercial real estate (CRE) marketplace.
- Silith.io – Silith.IO’s first product, AnnoTree, is a tool for collaborative mobile development which brings together designers, developers, managers, and testers onto a single, intuitive platform where they can view and collaborate on the application development process — providing tools that allow everyone in this process to give feedback and collaborate directly from their web or mobile application by leaving a drawing or text annotation directly on top of your application.
- TechChange – We provide online learning solutions for international development. This includes government and nonprofits looking to build an online learning network require simple solutions. or tech firms seeking to build a community of practice around their tools.
- TourCommand – TourCommand provides all the tools necessary for a musician to develop and market his career from entry level to national touring act . From custom drag and drop websites to marketing campaigns and tools, TourCommand gives a musician the ability to manage themselves and their brand in a simple, efficient, and effective manner. Once the artist is ready to start touring, TourCommand provides innovative software solutions for their touring needs as well from hotel management and booking to team management and collaboration.
- TripTuner – TripTuner® is a patent-pending recommendation engine that finds ideal travel experiences based on traveler tastes. An addictive design invites users to fine-tune preference sliders like “beach” vs. “mountain” or “relaxing” vs. “active.” Images of matching options update instantly, with no typing, text links or lists. Over half a million user preferences in 145 countries have been fine-tuned to date. Revenue comes from licensing partners such as national tourism board Brand USA, online travel agency Havas Voyages in France and the luxury Kempinski Hotels brand.
- Yopine – Have a question and need answers/ideas? Call a brainstorm. Have ideas and need a decision? Call a poll. Wanna share your opinion? Explore. Yopine is a fun, quick and easy way to gather and share opinions with contacts, friends and the world.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!