October 30, 2013
In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
Earlier this week, the first Challenge Cup was held at 1776 in DC, where 36 startups vied for the four regional winners’ spots within their respective category.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these 9 education startups from the event is the hottest by voting in the poll at the bottom of this post! The winner of the Readers’ Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Friday, November 8th.
Who is The Challenge Cup DC’s Hottest Showcasing Education Startup?
- CollegeAppz -A college readiness platform built to maximize user data for better matches for high school students and improved leads for universities.
- Omninox Publishing – Makes highly interactive digital study guides for various school subjects at college and AP high school level.
- MicroTeachings Inc. – Virtual community for teaching professionals where instructors can upload materials, recordings and techniques to share best practices.
- yourClass – Platform for virtual classrooms with live classes and archives.
- TurMS – Online alumni platform for higher education institutions incentivizes alumni to donate money to institutions.
- eduCanon – Online learning environment to build and share interactive video lessons made by teachers for their students
- LaunchPad College – Develops engaging workshops and technology that leverages the best predictive career tools to help students match their true calling with a college plan and career path that provides long-term growth.
- EdBacker – Funding platform for educators, Edbacker connects donors with schools to fund projects, events and idea
- SkillSmart – Platform that matches job seekers and employers based on skill. The platform interfaces with employers to refine employment needs into identifiable skills necessary for success in a particular position.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!