October 8, 2016
Of all the different forms of online advertising and promotions, email marketing has to be one of the most effective. Not only that, it’s also one of the oldest forms of engagement on the internet today. Just think about how everything has quickly changed on the internet over the past two decades. The one constant over the years has been email. Now it’s just a question of how long it will last.
Nearly everyone has an email address, but as mobile devices continue to make their way into hands around the world, is email still as effective as it once was? This handful of stats that should convince you email marketing is still one of the greatest forms of advertising in the world today.
- Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email, and can generate 6x more revenue. – Experian
- 56% of companies currently use an email marketing provider and are 75% or more likely to be purchasers of marketing automation software over the next year. – VentureBeat
- Over 75% of email revenue is generated by triggered campaigns, rather than one-size-fits-all campaigns. Automated email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue. – DMA
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices. – Campaign Monitor
- 75% of Gmail’s 900M users access their accounts via mobile devices. –TechCrunch
- The iPhone is the most common mobile device subscribers use to open their email for the first time. – Campaign Monitor
- It is more common for a reader’s second open to be on a mobile device than it is on a different device: 70% will stick with their mobile device, and 30% will go elsewhere. – Campaign Monitor
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
- You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.- Campaign Monitor
- Nearly 1 in 5 companies (18%) reported an ROI of more than $76 in 2014, which is 3x more than 2013 figures (5%). – DMA
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI. – Campaign Monitor
- The total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.3 billion accounts by year-end 2016. – Radicati Group
If you still aren’t convinced, let’s take a look at the 37 Email Marketing Stats infographic below provided by AfterOffers.com. Not only does it provide useful stats and tips on what’s working best in email, it also sources some of the most reliable data and email management companies in the world as well. So, the next time you are on the fence about where you should be focusing your time and marketing budget, never forget about the sheer power of email marketing.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!