Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
We were last in the Windy City on April 3rd, but because we love the Chicago so much, we're headed back to uncover a fresh batch of tech startups on July 25th. Join us at 1871 for an evening of Chicago's hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We'll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Chicago's Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what's new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Chicago's Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don't miss out.
(Startups, apply for the event)
- bizHive – bizHive champions millions of Small Biz struggling to win customers & grow sales in a New Media world. We help every Small Biz get “Big-Brand Smart” about New Marketing: why do it, how to do it, what to pay, & who to trust. We then match each Small Biz to “perfect-fit” advice, resources & Suppliers inside our intelligent marketplace.
- Blog Into Book – Blog-Into-Book publishes blogs into ebooks and distributes them to Amazon.com Kindle, Apple iBookstore, B&Noble Nook, Google Play, Kobo, and many more. We bring bloggers more Readers, passive Revenue, and the Respect that comes with being a published author.
- Isis3D – The Isis One is an open source desktop 3D printer with superior print quality, reliability, and speed. It is the first and only RepRap to have been relentlessly engineered to achieve professional grade print quality at high speed, all without tinkering, calibration, or drama. With its unprecedented resolution and massive build volume, the Isis One is an affordable and accessible desktop 3D printer that empowers everyone from engineers, designers, and architects to hobbyists to prototype, create, and produce faster and better than ever before.
- MyBestRx – The Kayak.com for pharmacies
- Project Travel – Project Travel is a peer-funding platform that makes educational travel possible. Meaningful travel takes money, but too many students skip this formative experience because of some perceived financial limitation. Project Travel sparks future travelers to ask for money with confidence while making it easier than ever to activate their communities to give
- Ravox – Ravox is a peer-to-peer, distributed, social commerce platform that allows small businesses to increase sales through 3 effective outlets – Facebook store creation, listing products in a social marketplace, and by social affiliates. By increasing reach through social discovery and friends-of-friends, businesses have the ability to monetize their social presence.
- Reading Glue – Reading Glue helps parents increase their child's reading comprehension through the use of strategy driven reading activities and book recommendations. We help parents find appropriate books based on comprehension strategy and reading level.
- Social2Step – Social2Step empower and rewards employees for being social brand advocates. We make it 2-step simple for companies to create engaging promotions, brand messages and open job opportunities that their employees can quickly and easily share with their family and friends through social media. As employees share promotions, they earn points they can take to the Rewards Store to redeem for cash and other rewards.
- Spare to Share – Spare to Share is an online platform that creates a powerful community experience through sharing and collaboration within closed networks such as residential buildings, student housing and small businesses. Our proprietary item & space sharing engine engages users by giving them the opportunity to save money when looking for things, make money on their seldom used items, keep track of the things they own, and create positive relationships with their neighbors & coworkers.
- Sportech Labs – Sportech Labs is an athletic software company focused on solving the difficult problems in athletic organizations. Our first product is TrakGear, a SaaS inventory management system for athletic equipment. TrakGear is a fully responsive web application that caters to all levels of athletic organizations (community teams, high schools, colleges, and professional teams) and solves the difficult problem of inventory management in sporting organizations.
- Tronton LLC – Tronton has developed “Cluzee” (Your Intelligent Personal Assistant!). Cluzee is a virtual personal assistant software. It uses a combination of mature and emerging technologies such as voice recognition, voice synthesis, semantic intelligence, personal and social analytics, predictive analysis, machine learning, augmented reality and partners with more than 60 technology, service and data providers to offer the best user experience in its segment.
- WeDeliver – Commonly referred to as “Uber for deliveries” we believe the best part about what we do is our crowdsourcing component. Through mobile technologies we power a capable workforce of local residents, who have free time, and connect communities to facilitate deliveries. We also have a strong focus on a superior level of customer experience which we achieve through a proactive onboarding process and continual investment in our team.