Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
- 3 Reasons to Use HTML5 for Mobile App Development: Using HTML5 in mobile app development provide some great benefits that can allow developers to monetize their apps and maximize profits.
- Shark Tank Investor Barbara Corcoran Starts an AngelList Syndicate: Renowned for her role in the hit ABC show, Shark Tank, investor Barbara Corcoran has launched Barbara Corcoran Venture Partners.
- Who is the Challenge Cup’s Hottest Education Startup? [POLL]: Next week, 16 startups will compete in 1776′s Challenge Festival semi-finals in the category of education. Vote for your favorite education semi-finalist in Tech Cocktail’s poll!
- Can’t Code? It’s Not a Problem Anymore with Apptimize: Apptimize is an A/B testing platform that allows developers to implement app updates without having to use any code.
- DFJ’s Heidi Roizen Reveals the Sexual Advances She Dealt With as an Entrepreneur: Heidi Roizen is an operations partner at VC firm DFJ. In a recent Tumblr post, she highlights the various times she’s encountered sexual advances, and points out the unique challenges that women entrepreneurs have to face.
- Who is the Challenge Cup’s Hottest Energy Startup? [POLL]: These 16 startups will compete in the energy semi-finals at next week’s 1776′s Challenge Festival. Vote for your favorite in our Tech Cocktail poll!
- SocialRadar Launches Its Google Glass App: The Michael Chasen-led, DC-based startup released their app for Glass on Monday, beating potential competitors to the punch.
- This “Nutty” Documentary Explores How Work-Life Balance is Harder for Women: Giadha De Carcer got dumped by her ex-boyfriend for working too hard on her business. Now, she’s trying to raise $30,000 on Kickstarter for a series that looks at the work-life balance from a women entrepreneur’s perspective.
- Montreal’s Officevibe Makes Employee Motivation Fun: Officevibe offers an SaaS platform that helps to promote employee engagement in the workplace through point-based challenges.
- Paul Singh’s Disruption Corporation Launches Disruption Research: Disruption Research is a data platform that will highlight research on private markets.
- Watch This Touching 5-Minute Video on Why It’s Important for Us to Disconnect Occasionally: In this Age of Connectivity, we’ve somehow managed to lose touch of the realities currently happening around us. This is a great video highlighting the importance of spending some time away from our gadgets.
- Top Things to Consider About Going International: From the Global Innovation Forum: Before taking your business abroad, there are a lot of things one must consider. One of our DC-based contributors looks at the top 4 things discussed at the Global Innovation Forum.
- Miami-Based Startup AdMobilize Raises $2.2 Million in Funding: The real-time metrics and intelligence company for outdoor and indoor advertising recently announced a $2.2 million raise.
- DC-Based Pinbooster Relaunching as Loop88: The top marketing platform for Pinterest re-launched as Loop88, thanks in part to a $500,000 raise last December.
- Who is the Challenge Cup’s Hottest Health Startup [POLL]? 1776′s Challenge Festival has officially begun, but you can still vote for you favorite education semi-finalist in Tech Cocktail’s poll!
Have you pre-ordered our book, yet? Pre-order now on Amazon for Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success.
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!