The startup life can be a rough life: fact. Every day, both founders and employees of startups can experience several road blocks to success, and anything that can help them get through the day is always welcomed. And, really, what can be more supportive than some great motivational quotes for entrepreneurs?
I have a love/hate relationship with inspirational or motivational quotes; as much as I love searching for quotes to inspire, motivate, or evoke any kind of emotion from me, I also hate the thought of ever being considered one of those “quotes people”. You know what I'm talking about – the people who post inspirational quotes as independent Facebook statuses, or repost pictures on Instagram that feature inspirational quotes that serve some significance to their lives. When I see those things, I have two conflicting thoughts: 1) aw, that's a nice quote – going to need to save that one, and 2) ew, gross, shut up. Very conflicting – I know – but I'm sure I'm not the only person who faces such a duality of opinions on this.
Withal, motivational quotes can have a positive effect on our spirit or our mindset (even if just in the short-term) regardless of whether you're a fan. So, on this Monday, start off your week with these timeless motivational quotes for entrepreneurs.
35 Timeless Motivational Quotes for Entrepreneurs:
- “The entrepreneur builds an enterprise; the technician builds a job.” – Michael Gerber
- “If you want to be inventive – you have to be willing to fail.” – Jeff Bezos
- “The challenge is not just to build a company that can endure; but to build one that is worthy of enduring.” – Jim Collins
- “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.” – Bill Gates
- “Don't treat your customers like a bunch of purses and wallets.” – Chris Brogan
- “There are a thousand excuses for failure, but never a good reason.”- Mark Twain
- “Nine out of ten businesses fail; so I came up with a foolproof plan – create ten businesses.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “I'm not a businessman – I”m a business, man.” – Jay-Z
- “If plan ‘A' fails – remember you have 25 letters left.” – Chris Guillebeau
- “We make a living by what we get. But we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchhill
- “Believe that you will succeed – and you will.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” – Og Mandino
- “As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
- “Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.
- “Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom” – General George Patton
- “Remembering you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.” – Steve Jobs
- “It's not about how to get started; its about how to get noticed.” – Steve Case
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.” – John Shedd
- “If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward.” – Thomas Edison
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
- “If we don't allow ourselves to make mistakes, we will never invest in things that are radical.” – Jeff Clavier
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something.” – Nolan Bushnell
- “I own my business. My business doesn't own me.” Cherie Ve Ard
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
- “Try not to be a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “You won't get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it.” – John Lennon
- “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
- “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.” – David Ogilvy
- “Success is doing what you want, where you want, when you want, with whom you want as much as you want.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you don't have a competitive advantage – don't compete.” – Jack Welch
- “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
- “If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” – Mario Andretti
- “Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking.” – Steve Jobs
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
The quotes – compiled by Reddit user sgodar in a fairly recent post – convey many of the thoughts, struggles, or activities that entrepreneurs express or experience on a day-to-day basis. While all of the quotes certainly won't apply to your unique situation, a handful of these quotes have hopefully given you life this Monday (#MotivationMonday?). To read all 53 motivational quotes for entrepreneurs, read the full Reddit post.