March 30, 2016
There are a lot of pitch competitions these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was one a week in the DC metro area alone. But there aren’t many that are specifically for startups founded by veterans.
Bunker Labs DC, a non-equity veteran business accelerator that supports the launch of scalable and sustainable veteran-owned businesses, is hosting Round 1 of the Bunker Battle next Wednesday, April 6th at 1776. The Bunker Battle is a 3 round tournament that is actually inclusive and open to all startups, not just those founded by veterans.
They just announced the first 10 companies accepted into the Bunker Battle. They are:
- Green Impact Campaign – Provides free energy assessments to small businesses. All assessments are completed by students and volunteers.
- Splurg – A budgeting and money saving platform that also acts as a social network. You can help your friends save and loan money within the platform.
- ReciproCare Solutions – Provides a marketplace for the home healthcare industry. Helps home care agencies to overcome the challenges created by high caregiver turnover by offering vetted home care providers.
- Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) – Builds supportive arts communities for veterans, service members, and military families.
- Divvy Investments – They recommend asset allocation models and send alerts when the models need to be rebalanced to help simplify retirement investing.
- Reki Travel
- Bidio – A platform that lets brands and advertisers bid on custom video content.
- Polco – It is a social network for politics. Citizens can use the platform to engage with each other and local politicians as well as provide politicians with real-time data and analytics.
- Agri-Tech Producers – Have a sustainability solution called The Combined Remediation Biomass and Bio-Product Production (CRBBP) Process that removes contaminants from soil.
- Dark Cubed – cyber security startup focused on creating elegant, innovative, and efficient products in a cyber security product market that traditionally defaults to products that increase the complexity and cost of maintaining a security infrastructure.
Bunker Labs has outposts in 9 cities across the US. Their mission is to “catalyze the entrepreneurial potential of military experience to lead the American economy.” One of their goals is to help transition veterans into the broader business ecosystem, and they are using this pitch competition as one way of achieving that goal.
If you have a startup that you think would be a good fit for this competition, it’s not too late to get in on the Battle. Startups interested in applying can email Bunker Labs a 2-minute video pitch.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!