In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
On November 4th, Challenge Cup will bring the excitement to 1871 in Chicago, where more than thirty startups will battle for the four regional winners' spots within their respective category.
Startups: The Challenge Cup is also coming to Los Angeles, New York, and Boston.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these EDUCATION startups from the event is the hottest by voting in the poll at the bottom of this post! The winner of the Reader's Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Tuesday, November 12th.
Who is The Challenge Cup Chicago's Hottest Showcasing Education Startup?
- VLinks Media – Platform that makes it easy for organizations to create and deploy engaging team training courses with focus on simplicity and user experience.
- DigitalGroundUp Inc. – Interactive technology platform that teaches digital marketing to companies and individuals through interactive software that requires users to demonstrate mastery of a concept before moving on to next level.
- ThinkCERCA – Online, CCSS-aligned literacy program with tools and content to enable teachers to help students learn to read closely, think critically, and ultimately develop powerful arguments across disciplines.
- MyColLife – Student-centered social media platform that simplifies the pathway from high school to higher education and career goals.
- Overgrad – Web platform that creates trackable college admission goals for high school students, while improving universities’ ability to remain relevant in the constantly-changing higher ed ecosystem.
- Knowledgeo – Coursera with career matching platform, enables people seeking professional education to learn skills they need to find ideal jobs.
- Youtopia – Student engagement platform that provides plug-and-play gamification tools (points, badges, & leaderboards) that incentivize students to become more engaged in their school and community.
- Boosterville – New way for schools to fundraise via in-person purchases of everyday needed items, while a portion supports charity.
- Moneythink – Technologically-enhanced financial mentoring for teens, targetting urban 11th and 12th graders.
- LearnMetrics – a platform that helps schools seamlessly extract insights from the data they are already collecting, then magnifies the effectiveness of those insights by making them measurable, trackable, and communicable.