EvoNexus has long been established as the place to incubate if you're in the San Diego area, and the recent expansion of their network to Irvine has brought that prestige to a community of all-new startups. Like many companies EvoNexus has worked to maintain a strong growth trajectory, and at this point I think it's safe to say they've arrived in the big leagues.
The team wrote a blog post recently to welcome 26 new companies to their incubator program across their three locations: Downtown San Diego, University Town Center (UTC) in San Diego, and Irvine. In total they received 212 applications from companies chomping at the bit for a piece of the EvoNexus action.
So, what makes this round of applications special for EvoNexus? It's simple, they've shattered old records and established new highs: 212 applications is the most they've ever gotten.
Further, they admitted 26 of those 212 startups, which is also a new record high for the incubator. In total, EvoNexus is now incubating 57 companies, helping them achieve success through a strong network of mentors, investors, and resources.
To date they've received over 1,000 applications and have admitted 107 different companies to the program. With this new batch of companies, Irvine will welcome 9 new ones to University Research Park and San Diego will welcome 17 between the UTC and Downtown locations. Here are the companies that were accepted to EvoNexus:
- Breath Analytics: A medical device to detect and monitor progress of sepsis
- FastEvac: An app to facilitate successful evacuations and perform setup and training for small to medium sized companies in multi-floor buildings
- Modern AlkaMe: A web application that will directly obtain and assess customer health data while simultaneously compounding health data from other services and devices used by customers in order to comprehensively analyze the consolidated data to recommend nootropic products for customers seeking safe and sustainable cognitive enhancement tailored to their unique chemistry
- Monet Networks: A cloud based data analytics platform that delivers cost-effective, easy tools for capturing and analyzing various forms of non-verbal communications or cues over mobile and Internet screens
- Shoelace Wireless: An Android app that makes Internet on your mobile devices faster and more reliable
- Snorx: Single-use simple surgical tool for otolaryngologist sleep specialists which will allow them to offer patients a 5-minute in-office procedure that alleviates snoring
- Tagnos: A patented patient experience solution for healthcare that goes far beyond patient and asset tracking
- TenantBase: An office space matchmaking software/service that streamlines the office search and lease negotiation process for tenants seeking office space
- Vendedy: A social enterprise start up that is digitizing the Street Vending Industry via phone app technology
- Aira Tech: An innovative service that is designed to help blind and low-vision users gain independence
- Astroprint: A cloud for OS for the 3D printing industry. By making 3D printing simple, we become the default OS in the 3DP industry. Then we open our 3rd party app marketplace
- CollectiveSun: A crowd lending platform to finance nonprofit solar projects
- Combined Power: A disruptively low cost Concentrated Solar Power. We sell equipment that power plants, industrial and agricultural facilities use to generate steam, replacing fossil fuels
- Crypteron: A server side, application layer, military grade security framework and SDK brings regulatory compliance and data security by carving out private clouds within the public clouds
- CureMetrix: An early and accurate detection, classification, and quantification of breast cancer in mammograms
- DotStudioz: A cloud based software solution that makes it painless to distribute and monetize video across owned-and-operated, branded environments on various platforms
- eLux Medical: An improvement upon tradition liposuction in which a photothermal nanomaterial and an external laser readily available to plastic surgeons in the clinic are used in combination, to heat and melt fat in adipose tissue to facilitate its removal, resulting in less effort on the physicians behalf and more uniform results for the patients.
- GoShare: A mobile app and website that connects people who have a pickup truck, van, or SUV with people nearby who need help with moving, hauling, towing or delivering cargo on demand
- LoanHero: An instantaneous consumer loan origination platform that is powered by the peer-to-peer marketplace, our business’ balance sheet and strategic lender
- Podify: A SaaS solution for wellness professionals offering a complete business solution for all of their administrative and management needs as well as exclusive marketing
- Qelzal: Sense & Avoid and Obstacle Avoidance systems for small commercial drones. These systems avoid low flying aircrafts, and make drones autonomous and safer in near-earth flights
- ScryTech: Fraud management through behavioral analytics
- Seclytics: A SaaS cyber intelligence platform for SMB
- ServicePair: A mobile-first app that connects contractors to other construction professionals
- Stemonix: Developing a commercial scale printer for the high-volume growth and differentiation of stem cells and stem cell products
- Wrapify: A disruptive crowd-sourced advertising platform connecting drivers and brands to create powerful on-vehicle advertising
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons