September 10, 2014
Hey Fargo, Tech Cocktail wants to showcase your city’s top startups! One startup will be chosen based on popularity, which means by YOU, so get to voting! The winner will represent Fargo. during Tech Cocktail’s Celebrate in Las Vegas. So tell us, which startup is the hottest in your city?
Now for the fun part: Who is Fargo’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in this poll at the end of this post. The winner will be announced and receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Fargo‘s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
Who is Fargo’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Appareo Systems – Appareo’s customer, Airbus, wanted a camera. Unfortunately there was no digital camera on the market that would meet their requirements. We thought, “How hard can it be to design a camera?” Turns out it is incredibly difficult to design a camera from the photon up – but we did it. We learned a ton, we changed the data acquisition industry in avionics forever, and with 15 people developed a fielded a product that is standard equipment for the largest aircraft manufacturer in the world. We also feel strongly about agriculture and the food production challenges that are facing the world. As we thought seriously about agriculture it occurred to us that it is important to have a convergence of personal and industrial electronics in agriculture. We were the first company in the world to introduce a product in agriculture that uses an iPad as the only display. We then become the first company in the world to control large pieces of agricultural machinery over WiFi using an iPad.
- Beach Interactive – Language learning programs are often hard to stick to, boring, intimidating, and ultimately not effective. Our software uses art, story, gameplay, and humorous dialogue to engage the player as he learns the language to advance the game. The Abettor’s Letters delights the senses while delivering a world-class language curriculum. We make it easy to return to the learning program day after day.
- Booth – As business owners and entrepreneurs we are constantly stretched thin with our time. We want to be reachable by our clients and customers, but our cell phone is for our convenience, not theirs, and you can’t take your desk phone with you. What happens when you forward your office phone to your cell and forget to switch it back? Booth lets you keep the the professional phone number but have it routed where you need it when you need it. Imagine that you don’t want to receive calls before 8 am when they dial your extension, not a problem, your callers receive a custom pre recorded business voicemail. Once you walk through the door to the office you are geofenced to that location and your calls are immediately routed to your desk phone. We integrate with external services, so that meeting you have out of the office routes your desk phone calls to your cell phone all because you are marked as out of office in the calendar.
- DinnerTies – After Greg Tehven, a co-founder of DinnerTies, returned to his home community after being away for 8 years, he realized that the greatest invitation for friendship was to join someone in their home for a meal. This simple invitation allows for a different type of relationship. One that is built around trust, kindness, and generosity. In a culture that moves at an ever increasing pace a problem that results is a lack of focus on building community. DinnerTies acts as a solution by creating an environment that is intentionally slow paced providing a time to share conversation, connect, and learn about each others lives.
- Fargo 3D Printing – 3D printing is here to stay. There are thousands of schools, businesses, and individuals who are looking to get started 3D printing. The sheer amount of information to take in on this technology is overwhelming. We cut through the mountains of info to get to the core of what will help our customers the most. We help them select the best printer for their needs, whether it’s something we carry or not. We provide training, going as far as helping them take the machine out of the box, so that they feel comfortable using the systems. This way they actually use their machines, benefiting their customers, students, and organization.
- GoodSurv – Keeping customers happy is a tough thing to do. GoodSurv’s mobile application and client login portal offers a unique numbers-driven approach to collect real-time customer data. Our innovative approach helps businesses increase customer satisfaction and drive stronger financial performance. We know that listening to customers and reacting quickly to their needs is the difference between growing businesses and failing ones. Specifically, using suggestion boxes and mail-in surveys is time consuming. Your business can go weeks with unaddressed problems. GoodSurv offers a solution to give businesses real-time insights so they can react quickly and help create happier customers.
- Medytex – We put the FUN in patient surveys! To this date, patient surveys have been long, boring and dull. They don’t provide accurate and reliable results and cost a lot of money! They are also limited to mostly English speakers. Providers receive these results months after patients visit. We decided to put an end to this! We have developed a new kind of cloud based system that gives patients the microphone to tell their providers what they think about them! You don’t have to be an English speaker to use our system. We offer our surveys in multiple languages and a universal UI. Providers get the results instantly and know what areas need improvements. Medytex also provides recommendations for clinics to instantly improve their ratings. We love our planet and that is why we have made Medytex a green initiative. We eliminate the need for paper, printing or postage which means more trees saved!
- Myriad Mobile – Myriad’s expertise in native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows 8 mobile devices is transforming the way companies do business. By helping to increase product and service offerings, streamline critical processes, and expand brand awareness Myriad Mobile is able to relieve technology pain points through mobile solutions. With hundreds of projects in its growing portfolio, national research firm SourcingLine ranks Myriad Mobile as a top app developer, according to independent, quantitative analysis.
- Simply Made Apps – If your users forget to update the in/out board, you can’t rely on its accuracy. With Simple In/Out, our mission is to have the most accurate in/out board ever created. Being the most accurate requires removing friction. That means zero-click updates by utilizing smartphones your users are already carrying to keep your board up to date. Utilizing Geofences and Beacons, Simple In/Out works invisibly after it’s configured. For those without a smartphone, we automatically compile a list of recently used statuses to provide one-click updates. Removing friction also means being wherever your users are. No electronic in/out board software supports more platforms, more options for updating your status, or is as easy to use as Simple In/Out. Whether you’re on the road with your phone, at your desk with your computer or anywhere in between: Simple In/Out is there. Stop guessing where people are, what they are doing, and how they can be reached with Simple In/Out.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!