August 13, 2015
When I hear Milwaukee my mind immediately goes to the Green Bay Packers, amazing cheeses, and Usinger’s (you need to go there if you haven’t). However, I’m also going to consider Milwaukee as home of one of America’s top 15 startup accelerators: gener8tor.
To date gener8tor has graduated 33 startups across six classes who have gone on to raise a collective $50 million in funding. Further, the team recently announced that their Milwaukee 2015 program, the seventh cohort, was officially kicked off on August 7 out of the new coworking space Ward4.
Over the course of the 12 week program gener8tor will be investing its community, capital, mentorship, network, and expertise into each company. Specifically, each company will get an initial $20,000 cash investment and the guarantee of $70,000 in follow on capital from gener8tor’s investment partner Angles on the Water.
“The Milwaukee 2015 program brings together a diverse mix of companies from Wisconsin, the Midwest, and even Canada,” says Troy Vosseller, cofounder of gener8tor. “The companies range from facility management to online nutrition counseling. We’re excited for these five great teams to join the Milwaukee and gener8tor startup communities.”
Of the 486 applications submitted, gener8tor only selected five companies to participate in their Milwaukee 2015 program:
- AkitaBox (Madison, WI): AkitaBox’s SaaS application digitizes, stores and indexes building documentation and facility data in a single searchable, location based, online resource. They primarily sell to building owners and operators in the manufacturing, healthcare, higher-education, K-12, and construction industries. AkitaBox has MRR of $5,800 and currently hosts more than 21,000 documents across 11 facilities, covering 12.2 million square feet.
- Ezra’s (Chicago, IL): Ezra’s is a national online retailer of craft spirits from unique, hard to access distilleries. Via Ezra’s online marketplace, consumers have access to small batch distilleries while distilleries gain the benefit of nationwide distribution. With more than $25,000 in monthly revenue, Ezra’s is poised to become the premier online destination of the booming craft spirits movement.
- needls. (Toronto, CA): The needls. ad platform allows businesses to automatically create, target and optimize digital ads across Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Bing. Needls automatically determines the perfect target audience for these ads by monitoring social media conversations through its proprietary purchase intent engine. Needls currently has more than 1,000 customers and generates $40,000 MRR.
- Player’s Health (Chicago, IL): Player’s Health creates a HIPAA-compliant, mobile, web-based athletic health record for youth athletes. Each AHR is created by, managed by, and accessible to the youth athlete’s caregiver, coach, and healthcare provider. Player’s Health provides youth athletic programs and sports leagues with athletes’ essential medical information and streamlines the injury reporting process in an easy-to-use digital platform. The Player’s Health team is led by former CFL player Tyrre Burks and features Hobey Baker Award Winner and former NHL player Blake Geoffrion.
- Prescribe Nutrition (Minneapolis, MN): Prescribe Nutrition provides its members with access to nutritionists via its online, interactive nutrition and wellness programs. Prescribe Nutrition guides its members through daily modules featuring curated meal plans, videos, live discussion forums and private consultations. Prescribe Nutrition’s over 2,500 program participants contribute to a powerful online community. Prescribe Nutrition currently generates $14K in monthly revenue across its individual and corporate clients.
Image Credit: Pixabay
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!