HipPocket, the new private social network for Realtors, launched this month in the app store, took Tech Crunch Disrupt NY by storm, and won the Tech Cocktail showcase in Dallas last month. Talk about a “Boom! We are here!”
Creators James Bohan-Pitt and Clay Stapp, crafted the idea of HipPocket based on real-life experiences and a major time management & communication problem.
“Realtors spend an inordinate amount of time communicating with each other. With 30% of property in most cities now marketed as word-of-mouth ‘hip pocket’ listings outside of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), the communication problem is worse than ever before” says Bohan-Pitt.
Stapp, owner of boutique real estate group Clay Stapp+Co, has faced these communication problems day in and day out. As Clay describes, “To try to solve the communication problem, Realtors had resorted to hacking Facebook and LinkedIn. Private social groups had been created by title companies, lenders, and Realtors, and had become a place where Realtors can share information.”
Well not anymore.
Why Should You Use HipPocket
To make your life easier.
But really there are some serious perks to using HipPocket. I've asked Bohan-Pitt to list them out for us:
- Work smarter—Spend more time prospecting and less on promotion and administrative duties.
- Efficient—Post a listing and have one conversation with the entire community. Instantly message realtors through the app.
- Engage with a community—Instead of just searching a MLS database, you can have a conversation with the Community.
- Fast & Social— Familiar social experience that enables a realtor to market hip pockets and pre-MLS properties instantly.
- Listings & Needs—One platform for realtors to represent buyers/renters and sellers/landlords.
- Discovery—Instant matching of listings and needs, and search and filter for listings not available in the MLS.
HipPocket will be available to all licensed Realtors operating in all 800+ MLS communities in the US.