February 8, 2016
Is your startup ecommerce conversion struggling to reach its conversion goals? Is lack of conversions negatively impacting your brand performance? There are several things you might be inadvertently doing wrong. Luckily, the good news is that you can change all that using simple and effective ideas. Here I’ve outlined some problems that might be affecting your ecommerce conversions:
- Incomplete/improper product descriptions: If a potential customer can’t find a proper product description, they may end up not making a purchase. Having inaccurate or incomplete product descriptions could significantly lower your brand’s conversion rate.
- Lack of credibility: Online shoppers hesitate to buy from a brand that they don’t trust or aren’t familiar with. In fact, 70 percent of consumers avoid making a purchase if they don’t like the company. Unless you show potential customers that you can be trusted, you have little chance of convincing them to buy from you.
- Lower competitor prices: Are your competitors offering the same product at a lower rate? You could be chasing away potential customers if your pricing is much higher than that of your competitors.
Maybe you’ve identified with some of these issues that are preventing you from making more eCommerce conversions. So, now how exactly do you make changes for a positive conversion rate? The following are a few proven solutions I recommend:
- Add a detailed, interesting description for every product on your website. Whether it’s about pricing, features or service quality, make sure potential customers’ questions are answered. Reducing visitor anxieties can increase conversion rates by 108 percent.
- Present customer reviews and testimonials on your landing page to give extra credibility to your website. You should also include other like statistics and numbers relevant to the products. This could easily help you persuade customers to click buy.
- Improve your page speed so that visitors are less likely to abandon your website.
- Offer loyalty programs and discount offers to better engage with your audience and compel them to make purchases.
- Enhance your email marketing strategy to increase the number of subscribers you have. Email marketing has been shown to increase conversion rates by 83 percent.
In addition, providing good user experience and interactive support to your customers could greatly influence their purchase decisions. Still need more help? Check out the below ecommerce conversion infographic for more tactics on improving your conversion rate and ultimately revenue.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!