After completing the Off-page SEO guide, Let's dig into the on-page elements of the website.
What comes to mind when you think of your website's success? Is it how you can make your website friendlier to search engines to drive high traffic? If the answer is yes, then you're slightly off path. It’s vital that you target your potential audience rather than search engines. Of course, there are certain search engine optimization (SEO) rules that demand your attention. Here's a few things to keep in mind so that you don't inadvertently fall into the pit of penalties for site violations.
• Completely avoid auto-generated content.
• Refrain from participating in link schemes.
• Never hide under the false veil of cloaking.
• Avoid using sneaky redirects.
• Never stoop to having hidden links or text.
• Stay clear of unethical doorway pages.
• Create fresh, original content to replace scraped text.
• Never mislead readers by adding popular yet irrelevant keywords.
• Don't abuse the rich snippet markup.
• Stop sending automated queries to Google.
Benefits of On-Page SEO Factors
On-page SEO factors really matter when reaching success for your business. I'm sure you've heard plenty about keywords, meta tags, and outbound links. Running through a checklist of key on-page SEO factors is crucial for making your brand's content and products more visible on the World Wide Web.
In this infographic, I've presented everything you must know about on-page SEO factors. I've put together a multitude of practical strategies that'll positively improve your website quality. Let's assume that you go ahead with implementing my suggestions. Then, what's in store for your website?
• Obviously, your page rank is going to shoot up.
• You’ll see a jump in your click-through rate (CTR).
• You’ll be pleasantly find rich snippet on your Google search results.
• Your analytics reports will surprise you with a surge in traffic.
• All of these combined will result in a higher conversion rate.
• With increased conversions, you’ll see your revenue soar.
Violations Can Prove Costly
I’ve discussed several cases pertaining to big brand names in my infographic below. Here’s one that will shock you about the automotive bigwig BMW. The violation took place in 2007 when the site was found selling links and was penalized. Google took manual action against the website and manually downgraded BMW's page rank. Although it's uncertain when the penalty was lifted, the website suffered heavily and currently is PR8.
The following infographic will bring together more valuable information and similar case studies. Paying closer attention to these on-page SEO factors will help you provide the best content and user experience for good rankings. Please read through it and let me know your thoughts. If you have questions or suggestions, simply get in touch with me through the comment box.