Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech.Co’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech.Co editorial team in the Tech.Co Top Stories of the week.
It's a new year and we had a lot of great stories this week on apps and strategies to help you become more successful in 2015. From various goal-setting apps, to the skills that are most-demanded on the job market, Tech.Co top stories this week are sure to support any and all your efforts in becoming a better you.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 60 Free Computer Science College Courses You Can Take Online in 2015: You have an entire year to gain some new knowledge; try to learn more about computer science – here a great set of courses completely for free.
- New York's Black Card Startup SELECT Expands to D.C. in 2015: Unlike the elusive Black Card from American Express, SELECT's Black Card is a little more manageable to attain – and it's expanding to DC this year.
- The 7 Best Goal-Setting Apps: It's a new year, which means it's time to try creating a new set of goals. Check out these apps to help you with that.
- Embrace the New Year with a 3-Day Cleanse App: If you've ever wanted to try a cleanse, but don't know where to start or how to go about it, then try out this free app that will walk you through everything.
- 15 Time Wasters to Avoid If You Want to Be More Successful in 2015 [INFOGRAPHIC]: One of my biggest goals this year: waste less time. Check out this infographic to learn about the things you need to avoid in 2015 to be more successful.
- 13 Content Marketing Strategies Every Business Must Implement to Boost Conversion Rates: Here are some important tips you should implement if you want to see those numbers.
- 50 Top Colleges Creating VC-Backed Entrepreneurs: Not all colleges are equal when it comes to producing alumni with startups backed by venture capital. Stanford, UC-Berkeley, and MIT round up the top three spots.
- Running Asp.net vNext on OSX and Linux: Learn more about the latest Asp.net platform.
- Read Entrepreneur Stories On How They Got Their First 3 Customers: Some interesting tales on how entrepreneurs acquired their first users and customers.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a WordPress Developer/Programmer: Creating a website for your site is important, and that's why it's often necessary to hire an outside developer or programmer to help you. Here's everything you need to consider before jumping the gun.
- Make Craft Beer at Home with Brewie: Like your very own microbrewery at home!
- 25 Top Job Skills That Got People Hired in 2014: If you're considering looking for a new job in 2015, take a look at the most-demanded job skills in 2014.
- Why You Should Read More Books in 2015: Because books can make you a more successful person.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We recently published a comprehensive startup accelerator report, fill out this form to get a copy!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech.Co event? Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!