The startup life comes with stress, instability and an unending supply of branded pens. But, working at a startup has a lot of perks too. Casual attire, healthy snacks and cozy accommodations are typical in new companies across the country. But some companies go above the call of duty to make their employees feel welcomed in their work environment.
Having new, fun and interesting ways to cool off in the office is proven to increase productivity and create a positive work environment. This is a list of unique perks that will make any 9 to 5 employee rethink their boring office job:
Traveling around the world is expensive. But with RAIN, a full service digital agency, employees have the option to work in New York, Utah, Seattle or even Nicaragua. Photo: Flickr / Moyan Brenn
- Cuteness is bountiful at SnapMobile because they have an office pet. Nightman, their office bunny, comes in a few times a week to cheer up employees with his fluffy ears.
- Getting around is easy when you work for SPUR. This company provides a $100 Lyft credit to every employee for use outside of work hours.
- ZOZI, an company dubbed the OpenTable of tours and activities, offers employees semi-monthly rooftop yoga sessions, weekly running clubs and subsidized gym memberships. They even have on-site bikes for blowing off steam.
- While this is standard in most countries, the US is behind the times on familial leave. That’s why Domo, a startup from Provo, Utah, makes an effort to generously provide maternity and paternity for all employees.
- One company buys their entire office a travel size shea hand and nail cream kit from Travertine Spa Collection, a luxury brand of body care and aromatherapy products.
- One Click, a three brand eyewear company, provides the chance to get on-site oil changes for employees once a month.
- PaperG, a tech advertising company, helps employees to further their education with a learning budget. It covers funding for classes, conferences and workshops to develop professional skills.
- CleverBridge, a company that provides e-commerce solutions to software and cloud companies, provides employees with a Quiet Room. It’s a tranquil, private space for activities like meditation, stretching, spiritual practices, special lighting needs, rest from non-contagious illness, reading and general relaxation.