With the digital world slowly taking over everyday life, internet marketing has become more necessary than ever. Subsequently, more and more organizations are looking to create new websites or refurbish old ones. Thanks to this increase in popularity, the web design trade is booming.
Because of this boom, new trends and techniques have been introduced to improve web design, making it more attractive and interactive. Although spring has only just sprung, the web design trends of the year are already quite apparent.
- Minimalism continues to be a popular design trend. It seems this clutter-less look, which focuses on content rather than flash, will continue. This web design technique makes optimal use of white space to draw the eye accordingly.
- Thanks to high speed internet, end users no longer have long wait times for video. We’re seeing video incorporated into sites in new ways – in headers and backgrounds.
- With everything going HD, there is nothing wrong with using HD images and backgrounds for your sites. Web designers may decide to use HD quality images with bird view and 360 degree view to further enamor users.
- Abstract or geometric design can be refreshing and different. Used appropriately, this bold choice can make your site memorable.
- Your audience is likely viewing your site via a smartphone and tablet, which means you need to design for these form factors and have responsive design. By now, most web designers are focusing on this to ensure that their sites are not only mobile friendly, but also mobile attractive.
- Typography has fortunately been evolving online, coming a long way since the early days of the web. This trend will continue in 2016. Attractive and readable typography is a requirement these days for any professional site.
- Creating opportunities for interaction between users and your website is crucial for connecting with an audience. Interactivity might come in the form of a simple question, a full-fledged quiz or even a fun game.
- High resolution screens can mean costly higher resolution images. Designers may opt to leverage illustration instead.
- Great animation can always enhance a site, as long as it’s relevant.
From the products in your house to the sites you view on your computer or mobile device, good design matters. Design can change how a visitor perceives you, the amount of time they spend on your site, and certainly the products they buy.