August 14, 2012
Earlier this year, Tech Cocktail mixed together a couple hundred DC-area tech enthusiasts with a dozen local startups at the Shadow Room as part of Social Media Week. Well DC, we're coming back – this time to Artisphere. As part of next week's Tech Cocktail DC Mixer < register here > we'll be showcasing 18 new DC-area startups.
But before the event begins, we want to know what you think – which showcasing DC startup is making the biggest waves? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post.
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive 5 minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don't miss out.
The confirmed startups are listed below.
- Barrel of Jobs – a social recruiting solution that rewards individuals to share jobs through their online networks, creating exponential exposure.
- DataRPM – their Instant Analytics solution is the industry's only self-service plug-and-play business analytics solution that can go live in less than 30 days for volume, variety, and velocity of structured and unstructured data.
- Distil – the first content protection network that helps companies identify and block malicious content scraping and data theft.
- Doodle Or Die – an online social drawing game that is essentially like the game “telephone,” but with doodles.
- LoveThatFit – a virtual “fit” technology that allows users to try on clothes prior to purchasing and addresses the social aspect of shopping.
- Mobillify – FingerPrint, a UX analytics service for mobile apps, allows customers to improve their conversion funnels, offer relevant and effective content, and understand and improve UX.
- Outroop – Outroop connects consumers and service providers online. Consumers can post work, review bids, and select their provider from any location. Service providers can create profiles, find work, ask questions, and bid in one place. Outroop is easy, convenient, and saves time and money for everyone.
- PersonSpot, Inc. – a social publishing application that allows individuals to publish magazines with content they identify through their social feeds, create themselves, or discover on the web.
- ProConIt – leverages social media and technology to enable more effective debate and discussion online.
- ProspectSnap – an iPhone app for startups that adds people to your email marketing list when you meet them.
- RAISE Project – seeks to promote the success and advancement of professional women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Medicine (STEMM) through recognition of their professional achievements.
- Smartly – a web-based service that connects promising young students with high-profile mentors in their area.
- Speek – a web-based conference calling service that provides registered users with a personal Speek URL, instead of a PIN and bridge number, to set up their conference calls.
- Tixelated – a party planning and ticketing platform for college kids.
- VentureBoard – a platform built to reduce barriers to entrepreneurship and grow entrepreneurial culture in higher education.
- Veteran Central – an online service that provides tools and mobile apps to solve reintegration and employment challenges for military veterans.
- WorkforceGrowth – a cloud-based talent management solution that helps organizations improve employee productivity and retention.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!