April 23, 2013
There’s more than just big enterprise in the Big Apple. The New York City startup scene has seen a boom in recent years, making its case as a viable alternative to The Valley for those who want to grow their tech startup in EST. That’s why Tech Cocktail is thrilled to be bringing the Mixer parade back to The City That Never Sleeps.
On May 2nd, Tech Cocktail is headed to Projective Space in NYC for an evening of startups, local tech enthusiasts, and great conversation- served over cocktails, of course.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is NYC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. The winner will also receive inclusion in a top secret, year-end event (get excited). Don’t miss out.
(Startups, apply for the Mixer here)
- Aidin – Aidin helps families in need find the best care for their loved ones. Today, most hospital patients aren’t discharged directly home – they usually require a short-term stay at a nursing home or rehab facility, or will receive healthcare delivered to them by visiting nurses and therapists. Aidin is a web application used by hospitals to help their patients know which nursing homes and home health agencies are available, and Aidin tracks ratings and reviews from previous patients so that you know which provider has the best track record of working with patients like you.
- Bombfell – Bombfell is your personalized stylist. Get clothes you’ll love delivered to your door and handpicked to fit your style. The personal shopper is Free! Only pay for the clothes you keep, and return anything you don’t like.
- CaterCow – CaterCow is a marketplace where you can discover and order catering online from over 400 caterers.
- Challengage – Challengage provide a mobile application that administers the exercises, and allows companies to record assessment, while they watch the candidates perform in real time. So now companies can evaluate skills that matter, observe how candidates interact on a team to determine cultural fit, and replace 1-on-1 interviews with 5-on-1 interactions so the process is faster and more cost effective.
- CompStak – CompStak creatse transparency in commercial real estate by gathering information that is hard to find, difficult to compile or otherwise unavailable. Their data is used by institutional owners to compare properties, hedge funds to make investments, and provides meaningful data for brokers, investors, appraisers, asset managers, economists and more. Their first product is a marketplace for the exchange of lease comps.
- Fleshbot Fiction – Fleshbot Fiction offers low-priced, high quality erotica ebooks for all tastes, orientations, and platforms.
- FreshNeck – FreshNeck is a subscription-based, men’s accessories exchange service. Basically, the “Netflix for Ties.” Paying a monthly fee starting at $15/month, FreshNeck members can access an unmatched inventory of ties, bow ties, pocket squares, and cufflinks, wear their items for as long as they choose, and exchange for “fresh” items at their convenience.
- Indira – Indira is a fashion-tech company delivering the next generation of digital commerce: truly customized luxury products that women can see come to life right before their eyes. We use interactive visual rendering technology to provide a photorealistic “online atelier” experience – complete with sophisticated color palette recommendations – that is complemented by an internal social shopping platform that allows women to compare and discuss their customized selections.
- Joyride Coffee Disributors – Joyride offers fresh, locally roasted office coffee from amazing roasters like Stumptown, Blue Bottle, Intelligentsia and Joe. We also offer cafe-quality equipment for brewing and grinding. Even better, it costs less than K-cups.
- Pickie – Pickie is a personalized shopping magazine. Your Pickie catalog is personalized based on your interests, the people you follow, and the brands you love, and delivered daily to your iPad.
- prollie – prollie is a social search engine for qualified people on social media. Our mission is to connect people based on shared interests who are passionate, qualified, and trustworthy to enhance the experience on social media. On the back end, we evaluate people based on how well they use social media and the quality of their output, where we showcase their passions, and index them in a searchable database of qualified individuals.
- Silver Living – Silver Lining is the only source for independent, expert reviews of senior care communities.
- Splash – Splash is a New York City-based online event management service that empowers users to create memorable event experiences through beautiful design, powerful planning tools and meaningful integration of social media.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!