May 13, 2013
Locating quality startups in San Francisco is like spotting bees in a hive. Doesn’t take long. Finding an event that combines more than a dozen of these startups, a few hundred of your best techno-friends, and cocktails- requires a bit more good fortune. Well you’re in luck- because on May 22nd Tech Cocktail is bringing the Mixer parade to Jillian’s San Francisco.
We’ll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is San Francisco’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – cheaters will be disqualified).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple additional minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as SF’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
- Blacklist – Blacklist.co empowers consumers to react and impact by Blacklisting brands & products they dislike or had a bad experience with. It’s the “Digital megaphone” for people to get heard by leveraging their voice and extending their reach across the web
- Chartio – The problem today is there a lack of easy accessibility to data, there is no ability to explore and immerse yourself in company data and there are giant technical, communication and time obstacles in gaining information from your company data . Chartio solves this problem by creating an easy way to plug into your databases and an easy to use dashboard for exploring data for technical and non-technical people alike.
- Driveway Software – Driveway Software has developed an application capable of monitoring driving style by using the driver’s own smartphone (iPhone or Android) and provides an accurate driving score on par with existing hardware used for similar purposes.
- instaGrok – Internet research is too hard, so instaGrok helps people make sense of information. Users explore graphical concept maps that show how ideas connect. They can also customize the maps (with key facts, links, and images) and share them with friends.
- The Mad Video – ￼The Mad Video is an online platform that helps video publishers to easily convert their videos into interactive experiences, just by tagging any element (products, pleople, places, …) appearing in the video. Video viewers have just to rollover the video to interact with this tagged elements to buy products, share info or get access to pages with further info.
- Mavatar – Mavatar is a smart shopping cart that will automatically apply all coupons available so you get the best deal. It also lets you shop at your favorite stores using just one cart, keeping you organized while shopping online. It is currently available as a free app for iPad and web browsers.
- mYwindow – mYwindow is a self network to live the most important parts of your life on the internet, which we believe is Your identity , Your Passion & Your Family. Our only focus is to let users live their lives on internet amazingly at one place.
- Nifty – Nifty is a mobile-centric, social marketplace, where users give and trade items with people they know, donate to charities, sell “benefit” items to other people, with charities as the beneficiary and charities, advertise needs, accept donations and promote “benefit” items.
- Open Garden – Open Garden is a San Francisco-based startup dedicated to bringing Internet to every device, every person, and every location by sharing and crowdsourcing connectivity. Open Garden seamlessly interconnects nearby smartphones, computers, and tablets to form a mesh network.
- PivotDesk – PivotDesk removes the pain of finding space by matching companies who have excess space with startups who need room to grow their business. Our online dashboard and management tools make it incredibly simple to handle payments, legal docs and all of the other details that go along with office sharing.
- Plasmapage – Plasmapage is an online service that help any designer to convert a InDesign catalogue or book into a digital and interactive solutions without writing a line of code. In fact with Plasmapage you can convert any InDesign file (it’s independent of InDesign version) in web, desktop or mobile application and distribute it in a while.
- Second Light – Second Light is building a platform where we use big data to improve eldercare. The family can see what is happening with their elder parents. The elder people can track their life and connect with others.
- Sooligan – Sooligan provides a real-time social search platform where users can find and share opinions regarding daily local experiences in any city. Users leave up-to-second RAVES and RANTS about every aspect of their daily lives— from the weather, to traffic, to classes, restaurants and local businesses, or football games.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!